X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit Activation Question?

I found a pdf file on the defense.gov website that is titled "unique activations as of June 14, 2011" (http://www.defense.gov/news/d20110614ngr.pdf) and my unit is on the list. I was wondering if this actually meant my unit was going to go somewhere?? I have been hearing rumors about my unit deploying but until I found this, there was no evidence that we were going to. does this mean we are? Im assigned to the 82nd Maint. Co. 2 Ft. Benning.

Re: Unit Activation Question?

This looks like a list of every unit in the entire reserve component of DoD, with subtotals of how many service members are currently mobilized. This document won't tell you anything about the future. By the time Public Affairs publishes a press release, you've already known about your mobilization for weeks or months. Your unit could conceivably mobilize and not take you, or perhaps your section could mobilize to fill another unit's shortages. Your chain of command is your best source of information. Sleuthing on your own can prove quite misleading. Unfortunately, you may have questions for which answers simply do not exist at this time.

Comment

Working...
    X