Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngb-22

Hello,

I have just ETS'ed from the guard and I was wondering how long it takes to get your NGB-22 paperwork? I am looking to join the reserves.

Thank You

SPC Ryan

Re: Ngb-22

Originally posted by ngsoldier1 View Post
    Hello,

I have just ETS'ed from the guard and I was wondering how long it takes to get your NGB-22 paperwork? I am looking to join the reserves.

Thank You

SPC Ryan
    If you want you could go to the Unit you were with and they could help you out but I think it will take only a few weeks at most.

Comment

depending on your state it could take months...I've never seen it done in just a couple weeks.

Comment

Hello,

Thank You

SPC Ryan
        Why did you wait to ETS giving you a break-in-service??? I do not think you would have gone through the conditional release hoopla but it could of been done that would have made it transparent to your continued service.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
          depending on your state it could take months...I've never seen it done in just a couple weeks.
          I got mine in a couple weeks

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes View Post
            I got mine in a couple weeks
            Mine was received the week before I transitioned to the active compoment but then again; I went through the conditional release process.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
              Mine was received the week before I transitioned to the active compoment but then again; I went through the conditional release process.
              Thank you for your post. I am actually ETS'ing in three days but just figured I would use the past tense since it is around the corner. I was wondering though, if it would still be possible to get conditionally released from my unit. Can you tell me more about how this process works?

Thank you again,

SPC Ryan

Comment

Thank you for your post. I am actually ETS'ing in three days but just figured I would use the past tense since it is around the corner. I was wondering though, if it would still be possible to get conditionally released from my unit. Can you tell me more about how this process works?

Thank you again,

SPC Ryan
                SPC, your remaining time to ETS is too short and with three days remaining has no benefit. A conditional release is required if you have sufficient time on your contract and you want to switch components or services. What this means is two-fold - that your unit is willing to let you leave to go serve in another branch/component and also gives the OK for the new branch/component to start the process.

When I switched to the active compoment, I had two years remaining on my Guard contract. The conditional release approved by my command afforded me the opportunity to transfer to the active component. There exist an abundance of threads in this forum on this actual process. Just need to search for it.

Anyway, when you get your document, bring it to the reserve recruiter and see what happens.

Comment

Okay, thank you!

Comment

Working...
                  X