X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Obtaining Secret Clearance with Debt

I just joined the AirNG and picked the job of 3d0x1. I'm prior service so this process went really fast. My recruiter NEVER asked me about my credit or MEPS. After I swore in i went to get fingerprints paperwork I was told I needed a Secret Clearanace for my job. I have a lot of old debt from when I got out the Navy some I've paid on and some I have been in dispute with. I'm current on all my student loans but I'm worried that I won't be able to get the Clearance can anyone help or give me suggestions. I even started to work with a debt management program. I really need this job so I can pay off my debt and student loans.

Re: Obtaining Secret Clearance with Debt

I know the link just says National Guard but its actually an Army National Guard website. Anyway, you need to pull your credit report from all credit bureaus and find out which accounts are delinquent. As long as you are showing an honest effort to pay back your debt and working on being financially responsible; that should work in your favor. I am not an adjudicator but I have known individuals who had some financial issues and still received a clearance.

Comment

Working...
    X