X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about deploying

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any units deploying to Afghanistan anytime soon, (late 2011/early 2012), that are accepting volunteers. My unit will not be deploying for a long while and I have been more than ready and willing to go.

Any info (keeping OPSEC in mind of course) would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Question about deploying

Originally posted by STRYKER_CHARLIE View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone knew of any units deploying to Afghanistan anytime soon, (late 2011/early 2012), that are accepting volunteers. My unit will not be deploying for a long while and I have been more than ready and willing to go.

Any info (keeping OPSEC in mind of course) would be greatly appreciated.
    Volunteer on GKo, talk to your CoC, go on AKO and look, Tour of Duty website has positions. There are alot of options out there to look for a deployment, you just have to search them! No unit is supposed to go on an open site and say we are deploying.

Comment

Didn't mean to come off as lazy; I have already talked to my CoC about this and I am waiting for them to get back to me. I figured that I would get a faster response on here and maybe some numbers to call(I’ve seen it done here on this forum before). GKO and TOD seem to be great steps in the right direction! Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by STRYKER_CHARLIE View Post
        Didn't mean to come off as lazy; I have already talked to my CoC about this and I am waiting for them to get back to me. I figured that I would get a faster response on here and maybe some numbers to call(I’ve seen it done here on this forum before). GKO and TOD seem to be great steps in the right direction! Thank you
        No, don't take my post wrong, you weren't being lazy. Use those resources. I was just saynig other options you have just in case you haven't exausted them. I apologize for that short response, My lunch had just showed up lol

Comment

Working...
        X