Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Advice, no 35 series available anywhere? What now...

Hello,

I have always wanted to be a soldier in the intelligence field and I had high hopes of getting into a 35 series MOS, however, after calling all over, these slots are filled in my surrounding states. I have completed BCT but now have to decide on an MOS.

My question is, what MOS's are similar to a 35 series or will allow me to possibly lateral over to a 35 series down the road, if that is even possible? I always wanted a position in government intelligence or security, such as with one of the three letter agencies or the DoD. Hopefully another MOS will help me get there.

Also, if I want an intelligence career bad enough, should I just resign from the guard and try the Army Reserves?

I appreciate any advice, thanks!

Re: Need Advice, no 35 series available anywhere? What now...

There are plenty of 35-series vacancies ... just none at the E1-E4 level. There are plenty of vacancies for NCOs and warrant officers. My recommendation is to do something else for a few years, until you are an E5, and then look at reclassing. You may consider 13F, 19D, or any combat arms to give you an additional layer of street cred; anything in the 25 series could prove useful. Ask about 13R, which few states have.

Comment

Re: Need Advice, no 35 series available anywhere? What now...

MI in the NG/USAR may not be as cool as it sounds. Many units don't have access to the cool facilities/systems that active duty uses and that may lead to borring drill weekends.

Comment

Working...
      X