X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT Packing List (Light Infantry)

So I have AT coming up... and I haven't received anything from my COC regarding the packing list. It's 14 days at Drum and it looks kind of cold. I do know that it is in a FOB environment, and it'll be all in the field (sounds fun!)

What I've been told other than the standard stuff (ACH, FLC, Eyepro, Assault pack, and ruck sack), I'm not sure how many uniforms I should bring and the such...

When I've asked others, they've said bring what you need and if you forgot something, you just **** it up, but I'd rather have a full packing list and see what I don't need rather than forgetting something if you know what I mean.

Any help?

Re: AT Packing List (Light Infantry)

Shower shoes.

Comment

Hooah wipes!!! ;-)

Comment

how many sets of uniforms would you suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by ryncho View Post
          So I have AT coming up... and I haven't received anything from my COC regarding the packing list. It's 14 days at Drum and it looks kind of cold. I do know that it is in a FOB environment, and it'll be all in the field (sounds fun!)

What I've been told other than the standard stuff (ACH, FLC, Eyepro, Assault pack, and ruck sack), I'm not sure how many uniforms I should bring and the such...

When I've asked others, they've said bring what you need and if you forgot something, you just **** it up, but I'd rather have a full packing list and see what I don't need rather than forgetting something if you know what I mean.

Any help?
          I'd advise you to get in contact with your CoC and ask questions. Ask others that have been to AT for suggestions. You're fellow soldiers should help you get squared away. Our AT this year is going to be pretty much entirely field conditions. Our basic packing list is only the basic essentials: ach,eyepro,sleeping bag, flashlight, personal hygeine items, socks and underwear, 3 ACU's and summer PTs, LBV, gloves,etc. Again ask your CoC for guidance.

Comment

As mentioned, you should be getting with your first line leader, as this should be your first avenue for information regarding your specific unit and job position. However keep in mind that you have been issued quite a bit of equipment, and it is simple to go through that equipment and figure what things you do not need, and as for uniforms - you will be gone for 2 to 3 weeks, there will most likely be some sort of access to washing machines... however you were issued 4 uniforms and two sets of boots - so it would be a safe bet that you should bring at least 3, if not all 4 sets (my personal recommendation) along with enough t-shirts, socks, personal hygiene gear, etc. If you are sure it will be cold, then add cold weather gear, thermal underwear, etc - check the post web page to see weather info posted.

If previous packing lists are not available (in which case your first line leader "should" be the one to give you some sort of list, then either others are holding out on you, or your unit tends to "fly by the seat of its pants". If you have been told that there is space to travel with a ruck and one or two duffels, then by all means be very inclusive on your personal equipment list. Sure, it might be cold, it could get wet, you might be marching, you could be static (in one place for a long time), it may be rainy or even very dry - you might see every possible weather pattern known in those two weeks... And, well the obvious equipment is your PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) will always a sure bet to take to AT.

If there is a schedule of training available, you can use that to sum up the various activities from PT to mission training, to whatever - then make your best guess, and try to pack accordingly - then let your first line leader and peers know what you got packed (by maybe emailing your personal packing list) and asking for recommendations based on that.
            Last edited by LRSU_Dog; May 16th, 2011, 12:55 AM.

Comment

Duct Tape, there is always a use for it. If you need to save space, you can take if off the roll, and just bring what you think you can carry. Tape around a Nalgene Bottle. It keeps your drink colder and is there when you need it for repairs and such.

Comment

plastic bags. A large bag that can line the inside of your rucksack and two smaller bags to line the inside of the outside sustainment pouches. It will protect your gear from getting wet. I also use small sandwich bags for my socks, underwear, and undershirts. By rolling the clothing and stuffing it in the bag you will create more available space, you can organize your clothes in your ruck and you can find things pretty easy in the dark by feeling around for the right bag. And of course its another level of protection from water, dirt etc. And when you are done with a pair of underwear, socks etc, you can stuff them into an available plastic bag so that they don't ***** up your ruck sack and get **** all over your clean clothes and gear.

Comment

Condoms lol

Comment

Originally posted by SGTS6 View Post
                    Condoms lol
                    +1. Always take care of your equipment lol!

Comment

Working...
                    X