X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Considerign Volunteering

I ship out to basic june and ait september for mos15u. I am considering a job in civilian side of things after I get out, but I would also need some experience under my belt.

So i was thinking this, would it be possible that after I finish my ait for aviation, stay and volunteer? Well I know it is possible with coc etc ... but the main question is, would the time I stay as a volunteer shave off of my IIR?

Or would I have to do my pool after I come back and resume drills.

Thanks,

Re: Considerign Volunteering

You signed up for 8 and that's what you must do.

I have no idea what, "Do my pool," means but it sounds funny.

You will have to complete your drilling time whatever you signed up for 3 or 6 years. Who knows you may get some orders, or you could apply for a technician or AGR job. You will just have to apply. Or volunteer for deployment.
    Last edited by Chaplain4me; May 13th, 2011, 11:43 AM.

Comment

I signed up for 6+2 option 6 drills and 2 in IRR. What i meant was since I have to do the 2 year IRR with the possibility of deployment in between. If I volunteer, would it take off from the IRR i have to do?

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyLee View Post
        I signed up for 6+2 option 6 drills and 2 in IRR. What i meant was since I have to do the 2 year IRR with the possibility of deployment in between. If I volunteer, would it take off from the IRR i have to do?
        No, you contract ends of the end of the 8-year time period. You can deploy for 4 years straight and it will have no bearing on the end of your obligation date.

Comment

You can be called back into service at any point while you are in the IRR.

Comment

Got it, thanks.

Comment

Working...
            X