X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 11B MOS-q

15 April I attended the 11B MOS-t course at Umatilla Army Depot, outside of Hermiston, Oregon. It was the first cycle taught at this training site. There were a lot of civilian contractors...it's not exactly an Army post.

Definitely wasn't as strict as OSUT would be at Benning. Although it was only E-1 thru E-4, soldiers were treated as professionals and we had privileges/freedom...coffee in the classroom, cell phones were permitted, and we were allowed to leave post to go drinking and whatnot. However, it was a little like basic training...many of the students were CAV Scouts, so we were squared away, but there were some similarities to what you would find at OSUT.

It was good training, the instructors were very professional. The NCOIC was the first troop to ever get 100% in Pathfinder school, he was also Sniper qualified. Great instructors.

(This course is only for soldiers that already had a primary mos, if you are reading this as a recruit- you will not attend a course like this, you will go to Benning for OSUT.) Just wanted to drop a line and if anyone has questions I'd be happy to answer.

Re: 11B MOS-q

Originally posted by ScoutzOut View Post
    ...we had privileges/freedom...coffee in the classroom, cell phones were permitted, and we were allowed to leave post to go drinking and whatnot. However, it was a little like basic training...many of the students were CAV Scouts, so we were squared away, but there were some similarities to what you would find at OSUT.
    This is slap in to my Infantryman's face...

Comment

Originally posted by robert178 View Post
      This is slap in to my Infantryman's face...
      Seeing as how it's a MOS-t course and not the traditional OSUT course I don't see it that way. Everyone in that course(MOS-t) is reclassing to 11B so they have already been through basic and AIT in another MOS. Honestly, unless it's a special school such as Ranger School, Sapper Leader Course, Air Assault etc, I don't see a need for me to be treated like a child or a green E-1. I'm there to learn a specialty skill; I'm already well versed in the Army's traditions, customs and courtesies and discipline.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
        I'm already well versed in the Army's traditions, customs and courtesies and discipline.
        When i went through the real OSUT we had reclass E4 and E5 guys from MP and other MOS's. They were stuck with us from week 4 all the way to the end (some of them drop out)...All of them were also combat vets...

Comment

Hey Airborne, since you are so well versed in high speed OSUT, perhaps you could present yourself with a having a better understanding of "attention to detail."

Comment

Originally posted by ScoutzOut View Post
            Hey Airborne, since you are so well versed in high speed OSUT, perhaps you could present yourself with a having a better understanding of "attention to detail."
            Look, i just have lost 3 friends in Afghanistan. I'm not in the mood. Same team man...

Comment

Just got my Blue Cord from Benning on the 19th of August.
              An E7 was reclassing in the company next to mine, and had to go all the way through again.

Comment

Originally posted by Cory Wayne Ahlersmeyer View Post
                Just got my Blue Cord from Benning on the 19th of August.
                An E7 was reclassing in the company next to mine, and had to go all the way through again.
                Cool story bro.

Comment

Working...
                X