X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• points for promotion

Does rossetastone language courses count for promotion and retirement points.

Re: points for promotion

Originally posted by imhoteb View Post
    Does rossetastone language courses count for promotion and retirement points.
    http://usarmy.rosettastone.com/productOverview.htm

Product Overview - Army Program

Online access to all 31 Rosetta Stone language training courses is free to all Army Active, Guard, and Reserve soldiers as well as Army civilian employees and contracted ROTC and USMA cadets. You can access the training by logging onto Army e-Learning at usarmy.skillport.com. If it is the first time you have used Army e-Learning click the registration button in the middle of the page and after registering come back and log on to Army e-Learning to start your language training. The lessons are self-paced, self-directed and active duty soldiers earn one promotion point for each five hours of training credit they complete while reserve soldiers earn one retirement point for each three hours of training credit they complete. If the Army online Rosetta Stone doesn't meet your needs, Rosetta Stone is also available for purchase at special military pricing in the AAFES online store.

http://www.army.mil/-news/2009/11/13...ugh-skillsoft/ <--click the link for more info
    Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; April 6th, 2011, 03:16 AM.

Comment

Cool...good to know.

Do they offer Pashto?

I know some Dari, Farsi & Egyptian Arabic but would like to learn Pashto.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
        Cool...good to know.

Do they offer Pashto?

I know some Dari, Farsi & Egyptian Arabic but would like to learn Pashto.
        You wont need promotion points if you're gong OCS.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
          You wont need promotion points if you're gong OCS.
          Oh really? Cool....thanks for that.

Am I still allowed to utilize the courses though?

Comment

Originally posted by Chris36 View Post
            Oh really? Cool....thanks for that.

Am I still allowed to utilize the courses though?
            Absolutely,I do. But it doesn't mean "anything" for your promotion as an officer. I put that in quotations because it's not going to give you extra points, but if your OER states that you taught yourself a language fluently your next commander or the official looking at your documents for promotion or something will like that.

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker
              Online access to all 31 Rosetta Stone language training courses is free to all Army Active, Guard, and Reserve soldiers as well as Army civilian employees and contracted ROTC and USMA cadets.
              Oh my gosh! For real? I have to check this out! I was going to purchase Rosetta Stone, but it was to expensive. This would be wicked awesome!

Comment

Working...
              X