X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• switching MOS

How hard is it to switch MOS and go to another unit in the Guard?

Re: switching MOS

It depends on the needs of your unit and the other unit. Your unit has to be willing to let go of someone of your rank, etc. and the other unit has to have a slot available for someone of your rank. We've had several transfers into my unit recently, but that's because we were building up our strength for a deployment. Becoming MOSQ'ed in the new MOS usually happens after the transfer, from what I've seen, and usually entails a 2-3 week course at a RTI.

Comment

MPThink did a good job summing it up.

Comment

OK reason why I was asking cause Im prior service airforce as security forces. Came to the army guard in a maintenance unit been in the unit 2 years and have not been sent to mos school and have missed a deployment I wanted to go on and have to do another home station summer training doing nothing so I feel like my career is going no where in this unit and think I should find a new unit

Comment

Originally posted by SPC Lane View Post
          OK reason why I was asking cause Im prior service airforce as security forces. Came to the army guard in a maintenance unit been in the unit 2 years and have not been sent to mos school and have missed a deployment I wanted to go on and have to do another home station summer training doing nothing so I feel like my career is going no where in this unit and think I should find a new unit
          I feel your pain, I was an active duty army MP, came into the guard as a 25B (Lan Manager) in October of 08, right before my unit got deployed in april/may 09 and am just now going to get MOSQ'd. But I am in a good unit, so I feel it's worth sticking it out as long as I can. No 25B E-5 slots :/ or I'd stay longer for sure.

I'd get on the chain if they've been back a long time and you really want to get MOSQ'd for that maintenance career, don't sell your leadership short, but don't let them fail you either.
          Last edited by Mildawg; April 5th, 2011, 06:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X