X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joined the national guard, swearing in Friday- MOS 21B

Hey everyone, I'm assuming this is the right place to post my topic.
    As the title says, im swearing in Friday at MEPS. Here's a little background information on me.
    I'm seventeen and live in Pennsylvania, in Montgomery County. For as long as i can remember I've been interested in the military. For the past few years however, i started realizing that it's the kind of job that i could see myself doing for the long term. Since then, i have been researching on and off throughout the years. Recently, in the past two years however, I started to become more and more aware of college and at the current time, my family just does not have the resources to pay for me to go through it. Since then, i realized that my future military career would have to be chosen with education in mind. Because of this, i realized that the National Guard was the way to go. Every male in my family line was in the Army National Guard before, so my family has been very supportive of my decision. I'm interested in majoring in Engineering in school, so that would be the ideal "job" in the National Guard for me. I proposed the idea of the National Guard to my counselor at school as a way to get funding for college in fall. After the brief meeting with her, she gave me the local recruiters name and number. Coincidentally, he was coming in about ten minutes after this. We talked for about thirty minutes, and then had a meeting with my parents. After that, we signed some forms to get everything started. This past weekend I took my ASVAB and got my physical. Based on my scores, i was able to choose the position of Combat Engineer, which has one opening that he has "reserved" for me. Friday I'm swearing in at MEPS, and then I'm going to basic training in Ft. Leonard Wood in the first week of July. After that, it's off to college and drill once a month.

Re: Joined the national guard, swearing in Friday- MOS 21B

Thank you for choosing to serve your country. Good luck in training and starting college.

Comment

Re: Joined the national guard, swearing in Friday- MOS 21B

Congrats and good luck at MEPS. It'll be a boring day, but it's well worth it when you get to raise your hand and swear in.

Comment

Working...
      X