X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ribbons

what awards do you get after finishing basic training if any at all?

Re: Ribbons

You should get the National Defense Service Medal (it's a ribbon) and the Army Service (Rainbow) Ribbon.

Comment

My OSUT company wasn't awarded the GWOT, and those that graduated after me and joined my unit didn't have it on their class A's either. I'm not exactly sure when you earn it.

Army Regulation 600-8-22 (11 Dec 2006 revision) Paragraph 2-19-c-2, states, "All Soldiers on active duty, including Reserve Component Soldiers mobilized, or National Guard Soldiers activated on or after 11 September 2001 to a date to be determined having served 30 consecutive days or 60 nonconsecutive days are authorized the GWOTSM." The "date to be determined" was established by senior military leaders as March 2004.

Army Soldiers serving on active duty primarily in a training status (basic training, advanced individual training, officer training courses, etc…) are not authorized award of the GWOTSM for the active duty time they are in training. The criteria for the awards specifically states that a Soldier has to serve on active duty in support of a designated GWOT operation (ONE, OEF and OIF) for 30 consecutive days or 60 nonconsecutive days. Soldiers in a training status are “not” supporting these designated operations
      Last edited by MPThink; March 22nd, 2011, 12:05 PM. Reason: Edumacation

Comment

The only perils of boot camp are the IDF coming from the "old schoolers"

Comment

Ribbons shouldn't be a priority to you until the night before a Class A inspection when you're pulling out records.

Comment

Why you are awarded ANYTHING just for showing up, is still something that I will never understand. If everyone has the award, is it really an accomplishment??

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
              If everyone has the award, is it really an accomplishment??
              SERIOUSLY!!! Yeah...that drives me crazy!

Comment

When all else fails, check your DD214.

Comment

Originally posted by ParalegalNCO1 View Post
                  Why you are awarded ANYTHING just for showing up, is still something that I will never understand. If everyone has the award, is it really an accomplishment??
                  Less than 1% can even enlist, so it's an accomplishment for people outside of the military. And I don't know about you, but for some unknown reason, I remember starting BCT with significantly more people then I graduated with...

Comment

Working...
                  X