X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• e-5 promotion list 2011

i have asked just about everyone in our unit and I cant get a straight answer as to when the list comes out. Im in PA guard but I assume the lists come out around the same time for every state since we work off the same FY. So anyone know when their states list comes out?

thanks-

Re: e-5 promotion list 2011

should be 15 April

Comment

Originally posted by phans785 View Post
      i have asked just about everyone in our unit and I cant get a straight answer as to when the list comes out. Im in PA guard but I assume the lists come out around the same time for every state since we work off the same FY. So anyone know when their states list comes out?

thanks-
      When was the E-5 board? It typically takes about a month or so after the board for the list to hit the unit level. My state doesn't board for E-5's till May.

Comment

If you're like my state...you can always hold the board but never release the packets.

Comment

Correction...I thought you meant from E5 to E6. The 4 to 5 list "should" be out 15 May

Comment

Previous comment still applies to the correction.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
              Previous comment still applies to the correction.
              Surprisingly enough, the E6-E7 list has come out as scheduled and is available now

Comment

Yeah, but who will actually see a promotion off of it? All I see are Laterals throughout the state.

Comment

Even with Laterals, that still leaves something open somewhere.

Comment

the board in PA started march 10, so april 10th- ish?

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
                      Yeah, but who will actually see a promotion off of it? All I see are Laterals throughout the state.
                      LOL same here, I have been the only solider on my states' 25S E-5 promotion list for 10 months now and I've seen 3 vacant Sergeant slots for my MOS go to those who were already E-5. Being #1 on the promotion list don't be jack!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1911Evangelist View Post
                        LOL same here, I have been the only solider on my states' 25S E-5 promotion list for 10 months now and I've seen 3 vacant Sergeant slots for my MOS go to those who were already E-5. Being #1 on the promotion list don't be jack!!
                        You could be #1 in your MOS but if you don't meet the state promotion point cutoff you wont get promoted. Not sure if thats the situation you are in but it is something to be aware of.

Comment

not every state has a promotion point cut off

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Juggernaut View Post
                            You could be #1 in your MOS but if you don't meet the state promotion point cutoff you wont get promoted. Not sure if thats the situation you are in but it is something to be aware of.

There is no cut off score for my state, California. It is simply by the number of promotion points you have compared to everyone else. What basically happened was when I became the only person on the promotion list (used to be # 2 with no one else under me) the only unit at the time with two open E-5 slots for my MOS decided to laterally move E-5s already in the unit into the slots rather than promote me. Another unit with open slots wouldn't even return my emails or phone calls and that slot eventually got filled.

Comment

Working...
                            X