X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AIT at Ft. Lee , VA

Does anyone have any advice, tips, pointers or special knowledge about AIt at Ft. Lee? I am looking for any info that is specific to their operating procedure, ie: how strick/laid back, past experiences, etc.

Thanks!

Re: AIT at Ft. Lee , VA

bite your tongue!

Comment

Originally posted by Ranwal03 View Post
      Does anyone have any advice, tips, pointers or special knowledge about AIt at Ft. Lee? I am looking for any info that is specific to their operating procedure, ie: how strick/laid back, past experiences, etc.

Thanks!
      You should include more information, such as what MOS you are attending AIT for. Some are more strict than others, have weekend passes, and evenings off, etc. Some are more similar to BCT, and give you the same type of treatment.

Comment

Originally posted by GARCIAM View Post
        bite your tongue!
        hahah! +11111

Comment

MOS is Unit Supply.
          Biting my tounge is a given!

Comment

It's pretty laid back, depending on what AIT Unit you fall in to. P Company is the usual 92Y school but that was years ago.

You can bring your cell phone, laptop, etc but make sure you maintain the standards. From what I hear, there are no drill sergeants anymore (a shame), but we had to keep our locker clean (socks rolled, shirts rolled, uniforms hung), bed made tight, floors swept and mopped before we could go anywhere on the weekend. First two weeks we were "grounded". Next two we were allowed to go anywhere (in uniform). Next two weeks we were allowed off post (if off post, had to be in Dress Uniform). And the last week we were allowed to be in civilian clothes and go anywhere. Saturday mornings was area beautification (rake the dirt, sweep the sidewalk, cut the grass, paint the walls). Lights out on the weekdays and PT in the mornings, we did a lot of running.

It was an experience.

Comment

Thank you for the information, this is helpful. I wasnt sure if it was ok to bring a laptop, etc. Sounds pretty much like what I expected and hoped for. I was told the weekends were like "spring breaks" and everyone partied hard. I joined to be a soldier and train, not to go back to high school again.

Comment

Partied hard... LMAO. No, only the weeds of the group did and they usually ended up getting in major trouble.

Comment

Working...
                X