X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Da 4187

I can't find my DA 4187 that promoted me to E3 over two years ago. My unit needs a copy since they think I got promoted to E3 when I went to AIT (WRONG). Is there anywhere I can go or anyone I can talk to who still might have my DA 4187 on file?

Re: Da 4187

I'll just state the obvious...did you look in iperms?

Comment

Yes I already looked there and on AKO. They don't have mt DA 4187 on there. I do have my ERB but that dates back to 6/8/2009 which might not be enough TIG in order for me to be looking at an E4 promotion.

Comment

I am pretty sure 18mo TIG is good to go for E3-4. You can also have the Admin NCO contact State to find your Promotion Orders, most of the time they are on a State Network.

Comment

Ok thanks, I'll call them up tomorrow. I was just looking at it the other day too. I guess chaos ensues when you're moving...

Comment

Lone Star -

Once you get that form in your hands, run down to the local office supply store and get a three-ring binder and a bunch of document protectors and put all your important papers in them. Keep the binder in a safe place and update it (get the forms permed by your unit) often.

I have papers dating back to 1983, and trust me, it's saved me a lot of time and heartache over the years.

Good luck!!

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Emu View Post
              Lone Star -

Once you get that form in your hands, run down to the local office supply store and get a three-ring binder and a bunch of document protectors and put all your important papers in them. Keep the binder in a safe place and update it (get the forms permed by your unit) often.

I have papers dating back to 1983, and trust me, it's saved me a lot of time and heartache over the years.

Good luck!!
              Same here. OP, What does your LES say?

Comment

Emu- Thanks. I do do that though, that's what really frustrates me. I have my MEPS forms, my innoculation records from BCT, my graduation certificates, I even still have my hand-receipt from getting issued my eye-pro I just can't find that DA 4187.

Cityslickr- My LES has my Grade as E3 but I don't think I can go back as far as I need to to "prove" that I've been an E3

Comment

MIRACULOUS! I just found it while i was digging through everything from AIT. It was buried underneath SOAP notes, FMCs and validation EMT stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStarSoldier View Post
                    Emu- Thanks. I do do that though, that's what really frustrates me. I have my MEPS forms, my innoculation records from BCT, my graduation certificates, I even still have my hand-receipt from getting issued my eye-pro I just can't find that DA 4187.

Cityslickr- My LES has my Grade as E3 but I don't think I can go back as far as I need to to "prove" that I've been an E3
                    Well you supposed to save all your LES and if you are doing that, you can find that first time you got paid as an E3.

Comment

Shouldn't you be getting back pay also???

Comment

Working...
                      X