X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-AMEDD Career

I am currently enrolled in a Master of Health Care Administration program in North Carolina. I would like to join the NG while I am in school and potentially after graduation. I am woried if I try to enlist now I will not be Placed in an AMEDD career field. I know the active duty branches offer programs that will pay for your school while you attend in exchange for years of service. Are there any programs the NG offer similar to the active duty programs?

Re: Pre-AMEDD Career

http://www.nationalguard.com/careers...uses-and-loans

Healthcare Professional Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP)

Healthcare providers in the Medical and Dental Corps can receive loan repayment assistance—up to $120,000 for certain specialties—by agreeing to a three-year service commitment with the Guard ($40,000 per year, with a $120,000 lifetime cap).

Physician Assistants, Physical Therapist, Nurse Practitioners, Social Workers, and Clinical Psychologists may qualify for loan repayments up to $20,000 per year with a $60,000 lifetime cap. Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Nurses can receive up to $10,000 per year with a $30,000 lifetime cap.

Comment

Originally posted by GaEMTDiver
      Healthcare Professional Loan Repayment Program (HPLRP)
      HPLRP is for clinical AMEDD folks (and social workers). Admin folks would not qualify. You need a clinical degree, not an MHA.

pjnax- you can get the federal tuition waiver of $4,500/year while in school plus whatever state benefits your state gives to drilling Guardsmen. There aren't any loan repayment or tuition programs for MHA's that I've heard of.

As for an AMEDD career field, the only one an MHA is going to qualify you for is something along the lines of 70B (Health care administrative assistant), which has lots of flexibility.

Comment

I was thinking about 70A Reserve Army Health Care Administrator. This career field is listed with the AMEDD fields. The tuition program I was looking at was the Navy's (Health Services Graduate Students; If you join the Navy Reserve Medical Service Corps while enrolled in a postgraduate science, research, management or clinical care program, you can get: A monthly stipend of $2,060 while completing your education program, Plus up to $50,000 in graduate school loan repayment assistance) Just wanted to see if the NG had anything similar. Not sure who to talk to or where to look.

Comment

Originally posted by pjnax View Post
          I was thinking about 70A Reserve Army Health Care Administrator. This career field is listed with the AMEDD fields. The tuition program I was looking at was the Navy's (Health Services Graduate Students; If you join the Navy Reserve Medical Service Corps while enrolled in a postgraduate science, research, management or clinical care program, you can get: A monthly stipend of $2,060 while completing your education program, Plus up to $50,000 in graduate school loan repayment assistance) Just wanted to see if the NG had anything similar. Not sure who to talk to or where to look.
          If your NG AMEDD recruiter can't help you, try the Army Reserve. The Guard has a combat and combat support mission, so you don't find as many desk-type jobs in the Guard as you would get in the Reserve. So you might find more programs designated for management degrees through the Reserve side.

Start with the CAR form to speak to an AMEDD recruiter. Odds are they won't have anything for an MHA. Then try an AMEDD recruiter through the Reserve. You might have more luck.
          Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 10th, 2011, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your help.

Comment

Working...
            X