Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
APFT test Phase 1 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • APFT test Phase 1

    My recruiter told me I have to score 270 on the APFT prior to Phase 1 of OCS. Is Phase 1 after BCT? The reason I am asking is because my Push up score is currently only 60, but I would need a 90 according to my recruiter, so I want to know how much longer I would have to improve it.

  • #2
    Re: APFT test Phase 1

    Passing the APFT requires a 180 not 210 or 270. You will be, how to say it, STRONGLY encouraged to score higher. You may be told that you will have to score higher to got o OCS, but I'm not sure it can actually be required. It is a great idea to get in the best shape you can.

    Phase one of OCS is indeed after BCT. It is possibly long after. I spent between October and June waiting to start OCS.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: APFT test Phase 1

      Originally posted by cyall View Post
      Passing the APFT requires a 180 not 210 or 270. You will be, how to say it, STRONGLY encouraged to score higher. You may be told that you will have to score higher to got o OCS, but I'm not sure it can actually be required. It is a great idea to get in the best shape you can.

      Phase one of OCS is indeed after BCT. It is possibly long after. I spent between October and June waiting to start OCS.
      This is the truth. My PT test score was a 207 going to phase I (It's much better now). It wasnt easy. Get it as high as you can. You'll need it.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: APFT test Phase 1

        No matter what anyone tells you, it's 60 each event to pass. But I will tell you, it behooves you to do better. Soldiers watch you more than anyone notices. Aim high. Story about this- my old commander used to tell new LTs that if they wanted to continue to be in charge they needed a 270 or higher on their PT test. One of em got a 240 first time and he got them switched out of the unit. This was the combat arms side of the house. Now my new commander(LOG) makes the officers take the PT test during the week instead of at drill, so that way they know what they need to work on and such. I'm not telling you this to scare you, just letting you know some extremes.
        -If you can't do very well on a PT test, your soldiers will see no point in doing well, or they will doubt you. Just the nature of the beast, Lead from the front.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: APFT test Phase 1

          Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
          Now my new commander(LOG) makes the officers take the PT test during the week instead of at drill, so that way they know what they need to work on and such.
          This is a good idea, but it also becomes a double edged sword because if the Officers don't take the PT test with the troops then some of the joes will start thinking that the Officers might be doing some pencil whipping.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: APFT test Phase 1

            Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
            This is a good idea, but it also becomes a double edged sword because if the Officers don't take the PT test with the troops then some of the joes will start thinking that the Officers might be doing some pencil whipping.
            That's what i mean. It all depends on the commander. I take it with my platoon. I don't mind and my guys have fun trying to beat the "LT"

            Comment

            Working...
            X