X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iowa Officer Process

Hi, I've browsed the forum, but didn't find quite the answers I was looking for. I recently graduated with a B.A. and will be speaking with a Iowa NG recruiter within the week.

I was wondering before hand what kind of officer process Iowa has? Does everyone do traditional or is it possible to do accelerated?

Are most enlisted and officer positions combat arms?

How long will it take to be assigned to a unit? Basic, OCS, BOLC. . ect. sounds like it could take a year or two before taking on a position.

What should I do to make a case that I deserve to go to OCS, or is it almost a given with a B.A. that I will be accepted in Iowa?

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

Re: Iowa Officer Process

Originally posted by bbaskerv View Post
    Hi, I've browsed the forum, but didn't find quite the answers I was looking for. I recently graduated with a B.A. and will be speaking with a Iowa NG recruiter within the week.

I was wondering before hand what kind of officer process Iowa has? Does everyone do traditional or is it possible to do accelerated?

Are most enlisted and officer positions combat arms?

How long will it take to be assigned to a unit? Basic, OCS, BOLC. . ect. sounds like it could take a year or two before taking on a position.

What should I do to make a case that I deserve to go to OCS, or is it almost a given with a B.A. that I will be accepted in Iowa?

Any help is much appreciated! Thanks!
    You need to speak with Iowa's OSM.

The answer to most of your questions is "It depends."

Comment

I believe this is the OSM office. (515)-252-4136

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
        I believe this is the OSM office. (515)-252-4136
        its that or linked to some 900 number but either way you should get something

Comment

I've come across the Iowa site before:

http://www.iowanationalguard.com/Officer_Programs/

Additional contact info (SteveLord had the phone number above) there. Be wary of how current the training info is on there. The JAG training info (under the "JAG & Lawyers" tab) is out of date so I suspect other info is stale as well.

Also check out http://www.armyocsng.com for more info on ARNG OCS.

Comment

Did you succeed in contacting a recruiter?

Comment

Working...
            X