Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting for secret clearance results. Fedral OCS-BOLC-B?

I understand the secret clearance can sometimes take a while to complete. Can I go to Federal OCS before the results are back? What about BOLC-B?
    Also, what if something unforeseen comes up during the check and they don't grant the clearance for some reason, what would happen at that point?

Background info: 40 year old prior service (E4) with 4 years AD. Bachelors degree.

Thanks

Re: Waiting for secret clearance results. Fedral OCS-BOLC-B?

You can't commission without a SECRET clearance (or an interim). If you don't have at least an interim clearance on commissioning day, you won't get commissioned. If the clearance comes through in the next 24 months or so, your State can commission you at that time (provided you are still otherwise eligible, e.g., meet age limit).

If you have an interim, get commissioned, and then lose the clearance for whatever reason, then you lose your commission. You may have some years of obligation to serve in an enlisted ranks, depending on a number of factors.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie View Post
      You can't commission without a SECRET clearance (or an interim). If you don't have at least an interim clearance on commissioning day, you won't get commissioned. If the clearance comes through in the next 24 months or so, your State can commission you at that time (provided you are still otherwise eligible, e.g., meet age limit).

If you have an interim, get commissioned, and then lose the clearance for whatever reason, then you lose your commission. You may have some years of obligation to serve in an enlisted ranks, depending on a number of factors.
      Thank you sir I guess what I am asking is it common to not get clearance by the time OCS is completed assuming I was able to ship to OCS fairly quickly?

Comment

We can turn around an interim SECRET fairly quickly, presuming that there's nothing in your past that is controversial. If you have some sort of discrepancy or issue, that will preclude an interim. Then you'll have nothing until the full clearance comes through (or doesn't), which can take a year.

You know what you've done, so you should have a good idea if there's anything that causes heartburn: arrests, financial irregularities, drug/alcohol abuse, unexplained wealth, foreign ties, numerous trips to certain foreign lands, ....

Comment

Working...
        X