Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can a Officer wear...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Can a Officer wear...

    Originally posted by notyetdead
    If the Army wanted to make a move to less bling on its uniform, I'd cast a Heck-Yes vote in a nanosecond. It's really getting out of control.
    I'm with you here as well. We should make a move to a uniform/awards policy where the awards/decorations you wear are actually meaningful. Too many Mexican generals running around with participation awards.

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Can a Officer wear...

      The abilities that matter in an officer have little to do with one's score on a range. I like to believe that is why we don't wear a marksmanship badge.

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Can a Officer wear...

        Originally posted by cyall
        The abilities that matter in an officer have little to do with one's score on a range. I like to believe that is why we don't wear a marksmanship badge.
        That's pretty vague. Couldn't any non-infantry/non-combat arms enlisted Soldier say that as well?

        Leadership abilities? All NCO's have to be leaders to be any good.

        How about the tried and true, "Well if it ever gets bad enough that I have to pick up a rifle then we are in pretty deep anyway"? Well, that stuff really happens. Now what?

        They always tell us here: "Soldier, Officer, Aviator. In that order"
        I'd like to think it falls under the first one.
        Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 17th, 2011, 01:15 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Can a Officer wear...

          Originally posted by AmPat View Post
          That's pretty vague. Couldn't any non-infantry/non-combat arms enlisted Soldier say that as well?

          Leadership abilities? All NCO's have to be leaders to be any good.

          How about the tried and true, "Well if it ever gets bad enough that I have to pick up a rifle then we are in pretty deep anyway"? Well, that stuff really happens. Now what?

          They always tell us here: "Soldier, Officer, Aviator. In that order"
          I'd like to think it falls under the first one.
          You really have an issue with this... I mean, you can wear the badge if you really want... lol
          Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 17th, 2011, 01:15 PM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Can a Officer wear...

            It's the real reason I became a warrant officer. LOL.

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Can a Officer wear...

              Now if only my pre-pubescent face could grow a mustache.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Can a Officer wear...

                A warrant without a mustache? I think that might be a UCMJ violation. My old man was an Army warrant in 'Nam with a gnarly boll-weevil mustache and all his friends were rocking one too, so I'll ask him what can be done. You might have to start an upper-lip Rogaine regimen.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Can a Officer wear...

                  Originally posted by AmPat View Post
                  Now if only my pre-pubescent face could grow a mustache.
                  I WISH I had your problem. I grow a beard in like 8 hours. I have to shave 2 times a day. It annoys me. Anyone gotten laser surgery on their face before??! lol

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Can a Officer wear...

                    You joke, but I'm in about the same boat & have considered it.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Can a Officer wear...

                      I'm 28 and it's just now to the point where I have to shave daily. Before, all I had to do was shave every two to three days.

                      to top it off, my facial hair doesnt grow in right. I get basically a thin goatee, and the sides of my face get all white-trashy patches of hair that dont connect, and my sideburns will grow straight down. A perfect straight line not expanded onto my face at all. Just straight to my jaw.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Can a Officer wear...

                        Originally posted by show_stopper999 View Post
                        I'm 28 and it's just now to the point where I have to shave daily. Before, all I had to do was shave every two to three days.

                        to top it off, my facial hair doesnt grow in right. I get basically a thin goatee, and the sides of my face get all white-trashy patches of hair that dont connect, and my sideburns will grow straight down. A perfect straight line not expanded onto my face at all. Just straight to my jaw.
                        LOL....I figured you for that 70's dude with trash stash!
                        Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 17th, 2011, 01:17 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Can a Officer wear...

                          Originally posted by 7011USMC View Post
                          LOL....I figured you for that 70's dude with trash stash!
                          Believe me... I've tried! When I'm feeling bold (and dont have drills in awhile) I will just let my sideburns grow straight to my jaw line, untrimmed and strut my stuff that way
                          Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 17th, 2011, 01:17 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Can a Officer wear...

                            I kid, but I'm serious. i would love to never have to shave again. I get bad razor bumps. Plus it would save me $$ on razors and shaving cream lol
                            Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 17th, 2011, 01:17 PM.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Can a Officer wear...

                              Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
                              I kid, but I'm serious. i would love to never have to shave again. I get bad razor bumps. Plus it would save me $$ on razors and shaving cream lol
                              Couldn't agree more, sir. I had thought about lazer hair removal, at least on my neck. Figure I need to grow out my yeti beard between drills, but at least to never have to shave the ol' neck again, it would be fantastic.
                              Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 17th, 2011, 01:18 PM.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Can a Officer wear...

                                LOL...I curse my scottish/pizon/hill jack roots! Bald on the grape; Yet hairy like sasquatch!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X