Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlisted to OCS

Peace,

I am wondering what the requirements are to go to OCS if you're already in the guard. Are they different then the requirements for soldiers who want to enlist as OCS candidates?

I have two associates degrees, and after this semester will have over 90 units. I want to spend the spring semester to knock out some OCS training because I won't be back at my 4 year institution until the fall anyway. Is the requirement a BA regardless or can I go with 90 units?

Re: Enlisted to OCS

War,

You have to have 60 hours to begin the program and 90 hours to commission. If you hope to make captain, you have to have a bachelor's degree.

In *theory* you can start the application process now and be set for the Janurary Accelerate if you are high-speed enough. If not, there is an accelerate that is in June.

Comment

Originally posted by jmclaughlin1701
      War,

You have to have 60 hours to begin the program and 90 hours to commission. If you hope to make captain, you have to have a bachelor's degree.

In *theory* you can start the application process now and be set for the Janurary Accelerate if you are high-speed enough. If not, there is an accelerate that is in June.
      LOL @War.

I have 83 units right now, I just need to finish this semester to get the 90. What's my POC for starting an application process? A recruiter?
      Last edited by Tiana; August 30th, 2010, 05:34 PM.

Comment

Is anyone in your unit aware of your intentions?

Comment

Originally posted by Tiana
          LOL @War.

I have 83 units right now, I just need to finish this semester to get the 90. What's my POC for starting an application process? A recruiter?
          Once you are in, recruiters don't do anything for OCS peeps. You need to contact your state's OSM or look up your state's OCS program on the interwebz....

You will have to download the application and begin filling that beast out. Also, as suggested, you will need to let your CoC know what you are wanting to do as you will need several letters of rec from officers in your CoC.

Comment

Once you are in, recruiters don't do anything for OCS peeps. You need to contact your state's OSM or look up your state's OCS program on the interwebz....
            Or ask your PL. Especially in understrength units, they should be bringing people in to the OSM.

Comment

You will have to download the application and begin filling that beast out. Also, as suggested, you will need to let your CoC know what you are wanting to do as you will need several letters of rec from officers in your CoC.

Thermonuclear War,

Graduation of state OCS requires 90 credits

entry requires 60 credits.
              You must have a BA for promotion to CPT.
              Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 20th, 2011, 10:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rokovak
                Is anyone in your unit aware of your intentions?
                Yes, I told both my squad leader and platoon sergeant.

Comment

Roger. Thank you for your help!

Comment

Working...
                  X