X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MI Officer 35D

Most states are overstrength in MI. Does anybody have an idea on states that may have open slots for the 35D AOC??

Re: MI Officer 35D

I can probably get you one in kentucky. If you're willing to work via me, send me a pm and I'll see what I can do
    Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 20th, 2011, 10:42 AM.

Comment

That being said, I was just TDY for a week with an MI LT, and what he had to say was basically you're 10xs better branching into something else, especially infantry, and then branch transferring MI once you make CPT or MAJ, when there will actually be slots available.

He's an MI officer and spends 99% of his time doing infantry tasks and in our course at fort leonardwood, we both role played the S2 and he specifically said that it was the most MI he's done in 2 years.

Now, myself, as an army civilian in the MI career program and field, who has hired people before, if it's job opportunities you're after, then stay enlisted MI, or try for them once you make CPT or MAJ. An enlisted MI person or CPT or above intel officer is a good hire. An LT is usually not.

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999
        That being said, I was just TDY for a week with an MI LT, and what he had to say was basically you're 10xs better branching into something else, especially infantry, and then branch transferring MI once you make CPT or MAJ, when there will actually be slots available.
        That really only applies to active duty, not the NG.

IndieRocker772, look for MI units not slots. Branch MI just becuase you found a slot and you'll end up like show_stopper999's example of a LT who doesn't even do his job and sits on a battalion staff. Oh you'll probably top out as a CPT and have to branch transfer anyways.

Comment

Working...
        X