X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the Chances for Me to Get Into the Tn NG

I am trying to get into the TN Guard, been working on it for a over a year.

My history:

I enlisted in '77 in the Regular Army.
    Graduated Basic and AIT (O5H--I think the MOS is now 98H).
    Got a slot and graduated USMAPS in '81
    Graduated USMA--in '84 as a RA IN officer. Graduate IOBC and IOAC. IN PLT LDR, AT PLT LDR, Rifle CO XO, ASST. BN S-1, ASST BDE S-4, CO CDR, BN S-3, OIC Range Control at Ft. Knox.
    Took the early retirement in '91. Was transferred to IRR at that time. Moved several times for work, failed to notify the IRR, did not get documents letting me know that I was moved into the permanent retirement rolls when passed over for Major 2x in '98
    Started the process to join the TN NG last year. Passed physical, took ASVAB, interviewed with XO 1/278th ACR--things looking good at that time
    Secured slot on the manning roster for HHT 1/278th ACR in TN as an E-5 in the mortar section. Unit was deployed in Iraq at that time. Went to 1 drill weekend (felt great to stand in formation and PMCS the Trucks in the Motor Pool) Next month, not on manning roster--unit as confused as I was.
    Following month got my honorable discharge from the TN guard mailed to me.

Resubmitted documentation through St. Louis. Cleared St. Louis May 2010. First packet sent to NGB 5 May 2010. Recruiter told me he heard nothing back. Re-submit packet Aug 2010.

Here I am, I want to serve--between my time and education in the Regular Army and working in the civilian world (Engineer, Plant Start Up team, Production Supervisor/Superintendent, Maintenance Superintendent) I think I can provide my country a service, but I don't want to waste anyone's time with this if it is not going to go anywhere.

Re: What are the Chances for Me to Get Into the Tn NG

Originally posted by jesmith
    I am trying to get into the TN Guard, been working on it for a over a year.

My history:

I enlisted in '77 in the Regular Army.
    Graduated Basic and AIT (O5H--I think the MOS is now 98H).
    Got a slot and graduated USMAPS in '81
    Graduated USMA--in '84 as a RA IN officer. Graduate IOBC and IOAC. IN PLT LDR, AT PLT LDR, Rifle CO XO, ASST. BN S-1, ASST BDE S-4, CO CDR, BN S-3, OIC Range Control at Ft. Knox.
    Took the early retirement in '91. Was transferred to IRR at that time. Moved several times for work, failed to notify the IRR, did not get documents letting me know that I was moved into the permanent retirement rolls when passed over for Major 2x in '98
    Started the process to join the TN NG last year. Passed physical, took ASVAB, interviewed with XO 1/278th ACR--things looking good at that time
    Secured slot on the manning roster for HHT 1/278th ACR in TN as an E-5 in the mortar section. Unit was deployed in Iraq at that time. Went to 1 drill weekend (felt great to stand in formation and PMCS the Trucks in the Motor Pool) Next month, not on manning roster--unit as confused as I was.
    Following month got my honorable discharge from the TN guard mailed to me.

Resubmitted documentation through St. Louis. Cleared St. Louis May 2010. First packet sent to NGB 5 May 2010. Recruiter told me he heard nothing back. Re-submit packet Aug 2010.

Here I am, I want to serve--between my time and education in the Regular Army and working in the civilian world (Engineer, Plant Start Up team, Production Supervisor/Superintendent, Maintenance Superintendent) I think I can provide my country a service, but I don't want to waste anyone's time with this if it is not going to go anywhere.
    Let me put on my trilby, fill my pipe, and get to sleuthing. You've only hinted at some key facts of your case.

1. Current age. I'm guessing 54.
    2. Years of creditable service (i.e., active and drilling reserve). I'm guessing 15.
    3. Why you were discharged after one drill. What does your NGB22 (discharge document) state?
    4. For what reason has your recruiter submitted a packet twice to NGB?
    5. Have you had this conversation with your recruiter's supervisor?

Comment

Thank you. Here are answers to your questions

I am currently looking to enlist. Personally, I do not want to resign my commission, I would be proud to be an NCO

1. Current age. I'm guessing 54.

Actually 51.

2. Years of creditable service (i.e., active and drilling reserve). I'm guessing 15.

Total service for pay 13 2/3 yrs

3. Why you were discharged after one drill. What does your NGB22 (discharge document) state?

Line 23 on NGB Form 22NGR 600-200 PARA 6-35d (2) Erroneous Enlistment

4. For what reason has your recruiter submitted a packet twice to NGB?

He told me that he didn't hear anything back from the NGB in over 60 days so he resubmitted the packet

5. Have you had this conversation with your recruiter's supervisor?

No, my recruiter emailed me that his boss is making phone calls to find out what my status is a couple of weeks ago. I do not know who my recruiter's supervisor is or how to contact him right now

I am getting the feeling that something is afoot. First step seems to have a conversation with this SFC's boss.
      Last edited by jesmith; August 23rd, 2010, 10:27 PM.

Comment

Email me at soldiermedicharmon@gmail.com, depending on what area you are in I might know another recruiter.

Comment

Replied on my gmail account

Comment

Working...
          X