X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DAT Waiver question...

Sorry if this is placed in the wrong forum, but I wasn't sure where to put it. I was discharged with a General Under Honorable title... RE code 3P, narrative reason being 'Alcohol Rehab Failure'.

I've talked to recruiter and apparently my RE code is in fact waiverable, but not at this moment. My question is, when do you think I might be allowed to enter? Does the Army/National Guards policy change monthly? Fiscally?

Also, I've heard that certain states might actually waive me. Is there any truth to this?

Finally, assuming I'm officially allowed to re-enlist, would I need some kind of certificate from an Alcohol program? Would it be suggested to get that ASAP so it can just be a bang-bang sort of thing when I go to re-enlist?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!

Re: DAT Waiver question...

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
    Sorry if this is placed in the wrong forum, but I wasn't sure where to put it. I was discharged with a General Under Honorable title... RE code 3P, narrative reason being 'Alcohol Rehab Failure'.

I've talked to recruiter and apparently my RE code is in fact waiverable, but not at this moment. My question is, when do you think I might be allowed to enter? Does the Army/National Guards policy change monthly? Fiscally?

Also, I've heard that certain states might actually waive me. Is there any truth to this?

Finally, assuming I'm officially allowed to re-enlist, would I need some kind of certificate from an Alcohol program? Would it be suggested to get that ASAP so it can just be a bang-bang sort of thing when I go to re-enlist?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays!
    Given that Iraq is over and every Army component is overmanned, there isn't going to be anything bang-banging about you getting back in any time in the near future.

Comment

Working...
    X