X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moving to different state before basic

I am in the process of joining the NC guard but, I plan on moving in the summer. Will I be allowed to transfer to a different state before going to Basic or will I have to wait until after BCT and AIT before applying for a transfer? I am planning on moving to WA. My recruiter here in NC says its ok for me to join now and then transfer but, my Officer friend in WA tells be to join the WA guard from NC. Any adivce.

Re: Moving to different state before basic

Of course your NC recruiter is going to tell you join there because he wants the enlistment, lol. Now, that being said, most states don't allow you to transfer until after you have completed training. However, they will allow you to drill with the RSP in WA most likely and also courteship ship to basic training from WA also. How soon do you plan to ship to training? You said you are not moving until summer, I would guess you would ship to training before then. If that is the case, you should probably go ahead and join in NC.

Comment

I haven't signed my contract yet, I was supposed to ship out in Janunary but, I should know for sure next week when I go to MEPS. I just wanted to get more information before I sign my contract next week. What is your recommendation. The other question I have is, will I forfeit my bonus if I transfer. A recruiter in WA told me my MOS is available and on the jobs site it shows a bonus exhist in WA so in theory I should be fine!

Comment

If you want to actually ship out soon, then you'll probably have to join in NC. Just know it is a good possibility the bonus may not pass to WA when you get out there after training.

Comment

Working...
        X