X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1 year Enlistment

I've researched this item and continue to get conflicting stories. Can a prior service Marine enlist in the National Guard for 1 year? I've been told the "try one" is over. If yes on the 1 year, does this type of enlistment limit the candidate from any specific jobs?

Thanks

Re: 1 year Enlistment

Re enlisting I know the option is still there, just got cornered by our State Readiness/Retention NCO yesterday. Not sure about a first time enlistment with a branch. Recruiters are not scary, contact one and ask? Locally you can use your phone book or visit an armory or use the top right button on this site to get in contact with one.

Comment

This was never an option for new people. If it even still exists for prior service, I am betting almost no one has it.

Comment

Originally posted by Ohiodude View Post
        I've researched this item and continue to get conflicting stories. Can a prior service Marine enlist in the National Guard for 1 year? I've been told the "try one" is over. If yes on the 1 year, does this type of enlistment limit the candidate from any specific jobs?

Thanks
        The one year enlistment may only be available to prior service if they have completed their 8 year Military Service Obligation (MSO).

So, if you have served 8 or more years, then it may be possible to enlist for only 12 months.

Comment

Working...
        X