X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beard at MEPS?

When I show up to physical at MEPS (regular & airborne physicals) do I need to be clean shaven or can that wait until RSP drill?

Re: Beard at MEPS?

When in doubt.....

Comment

You will have to shave.

Comment

Bummer - oh well. I let my beard grow during hunting season and haven't cut it off yet. I'm supposed to physical at MEPS in a coupla days, but this will be the 5th time I've had it on my calendar. All of the delays have been fully understandable, but none the less, I think I'll take my clippers & razor with me and I'm not shaving until I'm actually at the MEPS hotel, the morning of my physicals. We'll see how bushy of a beard I can grow before I actually physical.

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Just tell the MEPS people you are going SF and practicing your look.

Comment

In the 6 or so times I've been to MEPS in the past few years prior to enlisting, the only time I shaved was the day I swore in. That being said I had a neatly trimmed moustache/goatee, nothing too straggly. A marine recruit did try and convince me that I wouldn't be allowed into the MEPS, but a quick phonecall to my recruiter ended that debate ;-)

Comment

Just saw your location - are you going to be at the Denver MEPS?

Comment

Side fact!

Did you know that while traveling using SPACE-A....even if you're in your civis, you MUST be shaved? I had to do this once!

Comment

That is strange. I flew on emergency leave on space-A a few months ago and had a dark shadow with fuzz and had SF guys that were taking leave.
                  Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; November 3rd, 2011, 12:50 AM.

Comment

Just finished breakfast, now waiting on bus for Denver MEPS. Recruiter said beard was fine so I trimmed it good and I'll let you know this evening.

Comment

Alright, I won't actually be able to swear in until tomorrow morning (wasn't able to pin down a slot until this afternoon) but I passed both physicals with beard intact. There were actually two of us with full beards (both short) and several guys who looked kinda scraggly (which was a bit dissapointing).

Comment

Really?

MEPS was more hardcore than Reception when I went.

Comment

Working...
                        X