Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 MEPS Medical-Related Questions

Hello all,

I have a couple of medical-related MEPS questions, that I respectfully request someone help me out with. Here is my situation:

I swore in back at the end of January, while I was still in school, to ship in mid-October (a week or so ago). Unfortunately, in the week or two before I shipped, I developed a relatively minor sports-related injury, and the Dr. at MEPS gave me paperwork referring me to a military medical facility for an orthopedic consult. He advised me that I should be able to just call and make an appointment, show them the paperwork, and that should take care of it.

First, I'm worried that after I get this consult and after I get the clear from the Dr. at MEPS, my new ship date will be more than 360 days from when I enlisted, especially because I figure no one starts training right before or during Christmas exodus. Will I lose my contract?

Second, I called the clinic at a local Army post today, and the woman I spoke to advised me that they don't see anyone who is not on Tricare, and that this was the case for all military medical facilities. I'm still on my parents' insurance, but the MEPS Dr. said that all I'd need to do was to show them the paperwork. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you in advance for your time and advice.
Working...
X