X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MP Requirements?

I was told by a member of the Army that 31B has certain height/weight requirements. Is this true?

Re: MP Requirements?

absolutely, the ENTIRE army and national guard has certain hgt/wgt requirements. It doesn't matter what your job is.

Comment

I'm 5'8" 155, I was told you had to be 6'0" 180 to be Military Police.

Comment

Hahah noooo...I was 5'3" and 120 lbs when I went in as an MP in 1995

Comment

Originally posted by TheKhaos View Post
          I'm 5'8" 155, I was told you had to be 6'0" 180 to be Military Police.

haha, excellent. One of the top, "But my recruiter told me..." stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
            haha, excellent. One of the top, "But my recruiter told me..." stories.
            Probably just some joe who wants to make his job sound more elite than it is. He did say he was told by a "member of the army". lol...that was not what i was expecting this question to be about though.

Comment

****, I hope he tells us.

I bet 5 dollars it was someone in R&R

Comment

Some guy I go to high school with.., he is in Demolition. I told him I was probably going to join the guard to do 31B, and he's like well you have to be blah blah. But it's the same guy who said all cars newer than 1995 will shut off at 95mph...so I decided to double check Thanks for the info. Still scared to talk to a recruiter for some reason

Comment

If there is a restriction then there are many MPs out of regulation. The only requirements for 31B is your ASVAB score, ability to obtain a SECRET security clearance, clean background investigation and able to meet the general enlistment criteria. Now you said he goes to high school with you, my opinion is he is in RSP and still learning. If you want the facts ask a recruiter.

Comment

I see, what is a "Secret' Security Clearance? I've never been had a "run in with the law" in my life.

Comment

Originally posted by TheKhaos View Post
                      I see, what is a "Secret' Security Clearance? I've never been had a "run in with the law" in my life.
                      From my google search

One variation of the definition of a Security Clearance:

"(DOD, NATO) An administrative determination by competent national authority that an individual is eligible, from a security stand-point, for access to classified information. (Note: The DOD definition does not use the word 'national.')"

Source: usmilitary.about.com

Comment

Well, I'm hope that's not a problem. I'm going to call a recruiter soon, thanks for the information!

Comment

The reasons why 31B need a clearance is so we can access info for police and post security purposes wich are considered OPSEC (Operational Security) information.

Comment

Working...
                          X