X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age Limit Exceptions.

Swore in DEP at in 1990, at 17 years of age. MEPS washed me out on final trip through before departing for Basic, (bacne). Moved on with my life. Have not entirely let go of that initial urge to enlist. At a point in life now that it is doable, in terms of available time to commit. I see regulations say 35 is the cut off, save for exceptions for some who have prior service.
    Questions:
    What are the specific criteria surrounding these (prior service) exceptions?
    Are there any other exceptions that may allow enlistment, for the right individual(s)?

Re: Age Limit Exceptions.

The requirements for prior service is that you have over 180 days of service to be able to make use of the prior service regulations for enlistment. And then it's all based on the number of years you searved, and your age will be reduced by that number for the purposes of enlistment.

There are some exceptions, but you're looking mostly at certain advanced medical degrees and law degrees. Unless you have one of those, we won't be able to make any exceptions for enlistment/commissioning into the Guard.

Comment

As what Moore stated, you are not prior service since you did not even ship out to train and that you are overage as well. If you are a Nurse, Doctor, or Lawyer then there might be a possibility. Too bad you did not considered your urges from 2001 to 2008. You would have had a better chance of getting in.

Comment

So, what is the age limit for someone with no prior service who is a licensed attorney?

Originally posted by Moore View Post
        The requirements for prior service is that you have over 180 days of service to be able to make use of the prior service regulations for enlistment. And then it's all based on the number of years you searved, and your age will be reduced by that number for the purposes of enlistment.

There are some exceptions, but you're looking mostly at certain advanced medical degrees and law degrees. Unless you have one of those, we won't be able to make any exceptions for enlistment/commissioning into the Guard.

Comment

Originally posted by patvlaw View Post
          So, what is the age limit for someone with no prior service who is a licensed attorney?
          That's something that you're going to have to speak with a specialty recruiter on. Not knowing your age, or state, or bar standing, I honestly don't know. I would recommend emailing your age, state, and bar standing to specialty@nationalguard.com to get that information.

Comment

Working...
          X