Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Concerned if I'm even gonna be able to get into the Guard soon. Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerned if I'm even gonna be able to get into the Guard soon.

So, I have been going through the whole process for getting recruited into the Guard everything checked out fine except 2 years ago I was arrested for two misdemeanors, they are really minor and not violent at all. But my recruiter said he guarantees for sure I should get in by the end of this month. He submitted the papers for my waiver about a little over a month ago. But I just feel uneasy about it, I'm afraid I won't be able to get in by the end of this month, he won't return my messages or calls for a week now.

Anyone know what I should do? I really want to join the guard but I don't feel very confident that things will go the way he said they would, it's almost the end of the month, I feel like he might be giving me the run around.

Re: Concerned if I'm even gonna be able to get into the Guard soon.

Make a trip to the office.

Comment

It is possible that the end of FY11 & beginning of FY12 could impact your journey in several ways. You might see movement again after the first of October.

As for getting in touch with him - SteveLord's advice to get into the office is a great idea, but you might have to explore other avenues as well, depending on your location, since not all recruiters actually have an office, or are regularly in the office. Can you email him, do you have a cell number, can you text him? As frustrating as it can be, everyone has a "preferred" method of communication, although telegrams aren't used much anymore.

Finally, let him know that you need to plan ahead for when you're going to MEPS. If you can get an initial response, get him to commit to a date to go to MEPS and have him explain what steps need to happen before the trip, and when each step will happen. Then you can follow up with him as each gate is reached and see if you are still on schedule. If things are being submitted and you are just waiting for a response from the CoC, there's nothing you can do but wait. If he is not submitting things like he said he would, you can get the RR NCOIC (his boss) for your area involved.

Good Luck

Comment

I was under the impression that NO WAIVERS were being granted. Maybe this explains your issue? At least that's what I was told when I wanted to join..And being arrested isn't a minor thing either..

Comment

Working...
        X