Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Caught smoking marijuana, do I need a waiver?

Does anyone know if Colorado ANG is accepting moral waivers?
    Last edited by rjmjr; September 12th, 2011, 12:40 PM. Reason: too much personal information

Re: Caught smoking marijuana, do I need a waiver?

Originally posted by rjmjr View Post
    My question is--do i need a waiver?
    Before you think about a waiver, think about stopping the illegal activities.

Comment

I wont lie, but I will be harsh...

Did they take your information? If they did, tell your recruiter that you want to tell the truth (he says lie because it's probably a lot of paperwork for such a minor thing).

If they didn't, then what marijuana?

If you intend on smoking again, then DO NOT join. You WILL get caught. We do A LOT of drug tests and you WILL do them at MEPS and Basic and AIT.

Comment

IMO if you knew you are not supposed to smone marijuana and you knowingly broke the law; then you are not ready to serve in the military. Also, since your misconduct is recent, your chances are null at this time.

Comment

Want to update on my response:

I agree with cityslicker, it was recent which is bad in my book. I understand people make mistakes, especially when it comes to marijuana (I don't blame people who want to try it once) but I am not the law. Then again, even in the eyes of the military, people make mistakes and can get better.

Comment

yeah brother...stay clear of the dope and to help yourself, stay clear of the people that smoke dope. You are who you associate yourself with. You hang out with pot heads...your going to smoke pot. Its just the nature of the beast...are you serious about joining the military? awesome...but no matter what you choose, dope doesn't have a place in any future

Comment

Wow so many quick to judge. It happened in 2007 and I haven't done it since so I do believe I am READY to serve. I just found out it was a university citation. So it's just between me and the university.

Do I even need a moral waiver for admitting to smoking it once?

Comment

Originally posted by rjmjr View Post
                Wow so many quick to judge. It happened in 2007 and I haven't done it since so I do believe I am READY to serve. I just found out it was a university citation. So it's just between me and the university.

Do I even need a moral waiver for admitting to smoking it once?
                To be fair, your first post could lead practically anyone to believe it was very recent.

Comment

Okay, I did word that wrong.

Does anyone know the answers to my questions?

Does the Colorado National Guard accept moral waivers as of now?
                  Do I even need a waiver for admitting to smoking marijuana once?

Thank you.

Comment

Re: waiver?

The short answer is this... You need to get in contact with a professional recuiter who is local to you for the answers to your questions about moral waivers and past issue with smoking pot.

The current ARNG is more competitive to get into than 5 or 10 years ago, so the people who get cut are normally from the list of potential recruits are those who have serious infractions, and then move from there. Actually, if a recruiter from Colorado will work with you and prepare a packet, and Colorado will process it - any need for a waiver will be shot to NGB for approval or dissaproval - meaning the state is not the final approval authority.

When you work to enlist, a full background and police records check is conducted in every location that you have lived or worked. So thinking that something from (I am assuming public) college/university is just between you and them, may not be a correct assumption for you to make. Be starightforward and truthful when talking with a recruiter, you may find that you will or will not need "special" handling...

Comment

i dont know how to make a post so im just going to do this here, ok so i messed up and failed my ua at meps it came back positive for marijuana (and like i said i know i messed up it was my first time smoking please im not here to be judged i do that enough to myself) and i got letter in the mail from the dod that said this word for word "In accordance with the Department of Defense policies, beacause of your history of positive drug test reasults,you have been found disqualified for 45 days after which time, at the Service's discretion, you may be given the opportunity to resume processing." i told my recuiter this and he said that i was permently dq, even tho i havent been in trouble for anything before this, nothing at all on my record. what id like to know is if there's anything i could do to retake this test? like i said that was my fist time smoking and also my last. i live in washington state, its been my dream since i was a kid to serve my country nothing else in this world that i would rather do. so any advice would be helpful thank you

Comment

Ultimately, you're going to need to talk to a recruiter. Last I checked, a fail at urinalysis can bar for much longer than 45 days, and I know Washington State is over-strength, so your likelyhood of getting in at or after 45 days is fairly low.

Overall, just keep stopping by to see the recruiter.

Comment

didnt mean to post that again but thanks for the reply it helps alot

Comment

I failed my ua test also at meps, i smoked 3 weeks before at this party i thought that would be long enough for the weed to get out my system but no. I made a stupid mistake and I beat myself up about it. After mt 45 days of dq are up what do i do next. I have my acus that was given to me at rsp my shipdate was sept 5. it was my first time smoking pot i feel so stupid. im clean as a whistle now. no weed for me ever. I want to serve my country so bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Perritt View Post
                              i dont know how to make a post so im just going to do this here, ok so i messed up and failed my ua at meps it came back positive for marijuana (and like i said i know i messed up it was my first time smoking please im not here to be judged i do that enough to myself) and i got letter in the mail from the dod that said this word for word "In accordance with the Department of Defense policies, beacause of your history of positive drug test reasults,you have been found disqualified for 45 days after which time, at the Service's discretion, you may be given the opportunity to resume processing." i told my recuiter this and he said that i was permently dq, even tho i havent been in trouble for anything before this, nothing at all on my record. what id like to know is if there's anything i could do to retake this test? like i said that was my fist time smoking and also my last. i live in washington state, its been my dream since i was a kid to serve my country nothing else in this world that i would rather do. so any advice would be helpful thank you
                              Originally posted by 11bisalliwant View Post
                              I failed my ua test also at meps, i smoked 3 weeks before at this party i thought that would be long enough for the weed to get out my system but no. I made a stupid mistake and I beat myself up about it. After mt 45 days of dq are up what do i do next. I have my acus that was given to me at rsp my shipdate was sept 5. it was my first time smoking pot i feel so stupid. im clean as a whistle now. no weed for me ever. I want to serve my country so bad.
                              The National Guard Bureau has suspended the following enlistment waivers, until further notice:

a. Major Misconduct (Adult Convictions and Adult Adverse Adjudications).
                              b. Positive Drug/Alcohol Test (DAT) at the Military Entrance Processing Station (MEPS).
                              c. Misconduct (LTC/0-5 level approval) or Juvenile Major Misconduct (criminal) for drug use, possession of drug paraphernalia, to include marijuana.

Comment

Working...
                              X