Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: waiver?

Originally posted by Sean Perritt View Post
    i dont know how to make a post so im just going to do this here, ok so i messed up and failed my ua at meps it came back positive for marijuana (and like i said i know i messed up it was my first time smoking please im not here to be judged i do that enough to myself) and i got letter in the mail from the dod that said this word for word "In accordance with the Department of Defense policies, beacause of your history of positive drug test reasults,you have been found disqualified for 45 days after which time, at the Service's discretion, you may be given the opportunity to resume processing." i told my recuiter this and he said that i was permently dq, even tho i havent been in trouble for anything before this, nothing at all on my record. what id like to know is if there's anything i could do to retake this test? like i said that was my fist time smoking and also my last. i live in washington state, its been my dream since i was a kid to serve my country nothing else in this world that i would rather do. so any advice would be helpful thank you
    Originally posted by 11bisalliwant View Post
    I failed my ua test also at meps, i smoked 3 weeks before at this party i thought that would be long enough for the weed to get out my system but no. I made a stupid mistake and I beat myself up about it. After mt 45 days of dq are up what do i do next. I have my acus that was given to me at rsp my shipdate was sept 5. it was my first time smoking pot i feel so stupid. im clean as a whistle now. no weed for me ever. I want to serve my country so bad.
    Let me get this straight: both of you were actually in the process of joining the military and decided to smoke pot anyway? There are two things wrong with this:

1) You obviously have no true convictions and your compulsion to join the military is probably rooted solely in your selfish desire for material compensation (that means "money"). I flat-out do not believe any of this "wanting to serve so badly" nonsense at all (while I'm at it, what an incredibly unsophisticated way of trying to articulate the call of the warrior).
    2) You are both clearly very unintelligent and neither of you would be capable of contributing anything to our organization anyway. What sort of imbecile smokes pot with full knowledge that he will be drug tested in the immediate future? On second thought, I retract that question; the answer is obvious.

Neither of you have what we are looking for. Move along; nothing more to see here.

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
      Let me get this straight: both of you were actually in the process of joining the military and decided to smoke pot anyway? There are two things wrong with this:

1) You obviously have no true convictions and your compulsion to join the military is probably rooted solely in your selfish desire for material compensation (that means "money"). I flat-out do not believe any of this "wanting to serve so badly" nonsense at all (while I'm at it, what an incredibly unsophisticated way of trying to articulate the call of the warrior).
      2) You are both clearly very unintelligent and neither of you would be capable of contributing anything to our organization anyway. What sort of imbecile smokes pot with full knowledge that he will be drug tested in the immediate future? On second thought, I retract that question; the answer is obvious.

Neither of you have what we are looking for. Move along; nothing more to see here.
      The same type of imbecile that will be on this forum asking for help because they scored below 20 on the ASVAB and the Army made the determination that they were too unintelligent to even become a human shield.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
        The same type of imbecile that will be on this forum asking for help because they scored below 20 on the ASVAB and the Army made the determination that they were too unintelligent to even become a human shield.
        Yes, but their stupidity is not so much cerebral as it is moral. If either of these geniuses felt an iota of drive or calling to become a soldier they would have been preparing themselves mentally and physically for their upcoming training rather than using illegal drugs. I am thankful they've been weeded out of the applicant pool before they were able to get someone hurt or killed in a real-world situation demanding some degree of moral fortitude.

Comment

Yes, but their stupidity is not so much cerebral as it is moral. If either of these geniuses felt an iota of drive or calling to become a soldier they would have been preparing themselves mentally and physically for their upcoming training rather than using illegal drugs. I am thankful they've been weeded out of the applicant pool before they were able to get someone hurt or killed in a real-world situation demanding some degree of moral fortitude.
          You know that Blendtec commercial: "... it blends!".

Well, this is a rare occasion where: "... it self-chlorinates!"

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
            You know that Blendtec commercial: "... it blends!".

Well, this is a rare occasion where: "... it self-chlorinates!"
            If there is a military recruiting analog to natural selection, this is it.

Comment

If there is a military recruiting analog to natural selection, this is it.
              Hopefully there is a military version of this in the future: http://www.darwinawards.com/darwin/

Comment

I know it sounds harsh to anyone who is reading this thread, but the truth is that the two potential recruits mentioned here really have no place in the military. It doesn't matter what I, you, he, she or they think about drug policy. The military is more harsh than Nancy Reagan when it comes to drugs, especially regarding pot. The bottom line here is that, no matter what, illegal drugs and military service are not compatible. End of story.

Comment

Working...
                X