X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RN wanting to join

Hello, Currently I am a 1st LT with the Texas State Guard, it is a branch of the Texas Military forces. I am an RN who works along side the TX Army National Guard on humanitarian medical and disasters missions while on State Active Duty. I would like to cross over to the TX Arng. I am 38 yrs old with an associate degree in nursing (RN). I also have over a 100 college hours. I am also a life member of the National Guard Association of Texas. I have been told by some army ng nurses that I should talk to somebody in AMEDD so I can still come in as an officer in the Tx ARNG. Just wondering if you guys think I have a chance.

Re: RN wanting to join

So no replies here or in the other RN thread. Did you ever make any progress with your situation?

Comment

Best bet...find a fulltime officer to talk to. The state should have some kind of coordinator for such things. It's the best way to get the low down on availability in units and potential.

Comment

Steve,

Here is a link that can provide some info. Look at the Reserves too if you wish.

http://www.military-nurse.com/milita...uirements.html

Comment

Thanks for the info, I spoke with AMEDD and they said, right now the army reserves and the NG are only accepting BSN RN. Since I am a ADN RN I would go in enlisted and there is no guarantee I will work as a nurse. So it looks like I am going back to school.

Thanks,
          Steve

Comment

Working...
          X