Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question--Also looking for a little advice.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question--Also looking for a little advice.

So, I have a serious question..

I am in the process of trying to reenlist in the Guard, and I may or may not require a waiver, which is what my recruiter says. I submitted my Orthopedic letter stating no problems with my knees, as well as my official transcripts from ASU. I have noticed that sometimes I have a rather difficult time getting ahold of my recruiter, which is fine I guess, just as long as I can speak to him. But, I am wondering...would I be annoying if I called a week after I submitted my paperwork to him at his office to find out if I even need a waiver? I do feel like he's annoyed with me, but hey, I'm motivated..and I want this. Do you think that because of all of this, that maybe things aren't being pushed as quickly, or done as fast? I know he's a busy guy, but I do like being called when I get told I'll be called. I always end up calling anyway. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Question--Also looking for a little advice.

If you lack confidence in your recruiter, speak to his supervisor (NCOIC), and request to work with a different one. You deserve straight answers.

Comment

You're right Sir. I do deserve straight answers, and I would honestly hate to have it get to the point of speaking to the NCOIC. I was told it was frowned upon to switch recruiters like this, and that has kind of got me worried a little. Is that true? I will try again to call this week, and ask to get a physical appointment with him to speak to him--and hopefully I will be taken seriously when I'm being up front. I appreciate the advice you've given me, and will definitely take that into consideration when I call this week. Thank you.

Comment

aah, I started to attempt to re-enlist about 1 year ago. After many time being told I will call you or we need to get together I almost gave up. I decided that I was tired of playing a game with the recuriter that I was referred to by a freind. I started to look around and found another recuriter in a diffrent town and now things are happening. I would look around and see what other offices are located around you and see what you can learn from another recuriter. If you are worried about changing with in that office. Good luck and be safe

Comment

LittleMedic, Thank you for sharing your experience. I do have a question though, is it a bad thing to switch recruiters if I have all of my paperwork done, and have already been to MEPS for my physical? I mean, his name is on all the paperwork. I don't think I will ever switch within the office he works, because that would be horrible of me. But, I can certainly talk with a few others around me, and see what they have to say.

Thank you.

Comment

aah, I think if I was you I would go directly to his office to speak with him face to face so he can see you mean buisness and hopefully it will be that little extra to get things moving. When you go into the office you will have access to his NCOIC if you have questions and/or concerns that your guy can not answer. Things do take time but it sounds like you are moving in the right direction just do not give up. Good luck and keep us updated

Take care

Comment

Hey man, good luck to you. As long as your recruiter has not told you he would be unavailable (mine took a week of leave but told me about it and I didn't expect anything from him that week) or hasn't committed to having certain things done by a certain date - making contact once a week should not be considered excessive. In the civilian world, I have some project progress meetings scheduled on a weekly basis, and some folks request updates on projects I'm working on for them on a daily basis.

Some things you could try to utilize:
              • Find as many ways to contact him as possible and figure out which is the most effective but use them all - For one recruiter I worked with, I got the most response from texting him. Emails are great because you have a date stamp you can refer to later. In person is always the hardest to ignore, but he may not have what he needs in front of him to answer your question.
              • Instead of just "bugging" him about the answer you need - ask a new question to get back on his radar, then add "...and oh, by the way, have you found out about my waiver yet?"
              • Let him know that you respect his busyness and just ask him when he thinks he will be able to get you a response, and if the date is acceptable to you, don't contact him again until after that date has passed.
              • Ask him if he needs any more information or documentation from you to complete the process.
              • Get him to commit to a timeline, but make it workable for him. (I'd love to be going to MEPS this week, but, because I'm not his only recruit or duty, my recruiter needs at least one more week and maybe two to complete my packet. I do have a commitment from him that we'll go to MEPS no later than 30-SEPT)

Again, good luck to you and keep at it.

Comment

Working...
              X