X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams

I was wondering if there's any hope of me being able to join even if I didn't finish school?

Re: Dreams

Go get a GED then take 15 hours of community college classes. Then you will qualify, that's one option.

Have you spoken with a recruiter, like face to face?

Comment

no just wanted to try and get some answers first.

Comment

May I ask how old you are and how far did you go in school?

Because if you are 19 and dropped out of the 11th grade; I suggest you go back to HS and finish. Some high schools allow up to 21 years to finish.

Comment

Do they still do that patriot academy thingy?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
            Do they still do that patriot academy thingy?
            Thanks Chaplain, that is one of two good options if the OP is eligible based on their academic grade once they stopped attending school. If you were in 10th grade, you may be eligible for GED plus;
            GED Plus
            Or if you were within 10 credits of graduating, you may be interested in the Patriot Academy;
            Patriot Academy

Comment

I am 24 and stopped school just 2 weeks before the end of the 8th grade, biggest mistake ever. I'm not stupid it was just a very dumb mistake and now can't fulfill any dreams. HELP

Comment

Get your GED, then go get 15 hours at the community college. TOO EASY!!!!

Comment

thread title was misleading, I was thinking the OP possibly had bad dreams and wanted to see if that disqualifies them at MEPS.

Comment

Originally posted by SASHA View Post
                    I am 24 and stopped school just 2 weeks before the end of the 8th grade, biggest mistake ever. I'm not stupid it was just a very dumb mistake and now can't fulfill any dreams. HELP
                    The ASVAB is based on high school math (algebra/geometry) and english so you it will take some time but nevertheless doable as Chaplain stated.

Comment

Definitely do the GED first. The Guard won't be interested in you without a GED and community college credits, and studying for the GED is great prep for nailing the ASVAB.

Like many things, getting into the Guard is going to be a matter of how bad you want it.

Comment

Originally posted by notyetdead View Post
                        Definitely do the GED first. The Guard won't be interested in you without a GED and community college credits, and studying for the GED is great prep for nailing the ASVAB.
                        Not neccessarily the best guidance. He should speak with a recruiter first to see if he can enlist under the GED plus option. That way he could get paid to get his GED and not need the college credits.

Comment

RSP NCO is correct - anyone who would be a potential soldier should pursue asking questions to a qualified ARNG Recruiter, regardless of thier circumstances. If the person is not immediately eligible, the Professional Recruiter can show possible options and routes that may be available at that time through programs in the ARNG, or help to identify what the individual would need to do to attain eligibility to enlist in the ARNG.

As programs, recruiting requirements and regulations change, only a professional recruiter will be able to provide timely information, or help to point a person in the right direction.
                          Last edited by LRSU_Dog; July 27th, 2011, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by notyetdead View Post
                            Definitely do the GED first. The Guard won't be interested in you without a GED.
                            You will need a GED and 15+ college credits in order to enlist. You will not qualify for the GED + program, as stated on the following page; "You'll need a certified transcript showing completion of the ninth grade."

Read more here at GED PLUS

Comment

Working...
                            X