X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sacramento Area Help Or Just Help

Since I have gotten out of the AF I have been looking for a way back to serve. I have made contact with a couple recruiters but usually they hear my story tell me it possible and then put me on the back burner. I understand I my situation isn't the easiest but I would really like to find a recruiter that would go that extra mile to help. So this is to all of you guys that either know recruiters in the Sacramento area or that are recruiters.

Here is the whole story up front. It's a long story so please just stick with me.

I joined the Air Force back in Mar 2008. In Nov 2008 just two months after getting to my first duty station I got an underage DUI off base. I got an LOR and went to ADAPT. Went on a trip out for 6 months to Qatar. The day after getting home I was found having some beers in the dorms. Another LOR and more ADAPT. Lastly, one NYE I was found again drinking. So as a result of all that and it being my third strike I was given a third LOR to expedite my administrive discharge, General under honorable conditions. RE Code 2B. I was in for a total time of 23 months.

I've been out for 17 months now. Is there things I should be doing to help my chances? I realize this is all a long shot but I feel it never hurts to check everything out.

Thank you for taking the time.

Re: Sacramento Area Help Or Just Help

Sorry about the circumstances surrounding your last enlistment. What was the separation code on your DD214? I assume ADAPT is similar to the Army's ASAP (army substance abuse program) but what is NYE? Also, what have you been doing with your life (that can help your packet) since you been out? Have you worked in community centers? Volunteered to help people that drink, etc.? Not saying that you still have that problem but efforts as those show a positive when dealing with waivers.

Comment

Yes they are the same program. My Sep code is JKN and the separation authority AF 36-3208. The narrative reason states: Misconduct (Minor Infractions). Since I've gotten out I've just been working full-time. Both my GM and direct supervisor said they would write me letters of recommendation. As well as letter from my ADAPT will his full recommendation to continue my service in the military.

Oh NYE was my abbreviation for New Years Eve.

Comment

Have you stopped drinking?

Comment

I'll have a few beers at a family BBQ or something like that. Nothing ever heavy or extravagant.

Comment

Originally posted by 11seriesHOPEFUL View Post
            Is there things I should be doing to help my chances?
            Stop drinking, get a job, get an education, be squared away.

Comment

Working...
            X