X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question About Joining

Hello everyone, I have question that hopefully someone here can answer. Recently, I started my Path to Honor application and within the hour someone called me to confirm some information. I was asked about my citizenship (I am a permanent resident) and the guy I talked to told me that I have to renounce my citizenship to Venezuela before I can join. Has anyone been through something similar and can help me figure this out? I would do it, but that would mean I wouldn't be a citizen of any country, and I wouldn't have a passport or anything.

Thank you for all of your responses in advance

Re: Question About Joining

If you are a legal permanent resident ("green card" holder), then you may enlist. You may not become an officer, you may not obtain a security clearance (which excludes you from some MOS). You won't need to renounce your Venezuelan citizenship. He may be thinking of dual citizens, which the Guard doesn't allow.

Comment

Thank you for replying I appreciate the help

I guess the guy I talked to got confused, so I'll just go and talk to a recruiter tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by floresmar View Post
        Thank you for replying I appreciate the help

I guess the guy I talked to got confused, so I'll just go and talk to a recruiter tomorrow.
        That does happen. You talk about a dozen things, and it's easy to mingle those topics together. That happens to applicants as well as recruiters.

Comment

Once again, thank you. I've talked to a recruiter now and got that settled.

Comment

Working...
          X