X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Narrative statement?

I have a question, I have an RE-3 and am working with a guard recruiter to get back in. I emailed him about 1.5 weeks ago and never heard back from him, so I called him today to find out what's going on. He said he was real busy with 2 projections (not sure what that is) and that he hadn't forgot about me and that he was waiting on my waiver to come back that they can take awhile. But he never had me write a narrative statment to send off with the waiver, does that sound fishy? I just wanna know either way what's going on and though I wanna believe him that sounds odd, cause I thought they always had applicants write up statements before sending off waivers. Also, I never signed any papers yet. So is it even possible to submit a waiver for RE-3 with no narrative and not having signed anything?

Thanks guys

Re: Narrative statement?

Projections are a reference to personnel who are "good-to-go" and projected to contract or ship (or both). As your issue requires a waiver approval, he is doing what is normal - focusing on those who can move, while waiting for more info on you. Once info on you shows up, then the recruiter can focus some time in your direction, of course depending on what the results are.

As to a narrative statement, I cannot say that you are, or are not allowed one - however, I have not personnaly seen one requested for submission with a waiver packet. If you have one written up, you can try to deliver it to your recruiter to see if it goes anywhere, or simply ask your recruiter the next time you have a chance to talk if a statement in regards to your RE code is something you can provide to support your request for a waiver.

One of the Full-time recruiters on this site can give you the straight info on personal statements in support of waivers - and whether they can be done or not.

Comment

Thank you! you answered my questions perfectly and it all makes perfect sense now, thank you so much Sir! (sorry if you're an NCO )

Comment

Narrative statements are usually submited for moral waivers or for prior service with waiverable re-codes

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
          Narrative statements are usually submited for moral waivers or for prior service with waiverable re-codes
          That was my understanding. But my recruiter has told me he already submitted my waiver and never got a narrative statement from me. So what's your opinion on that? He is in another state than me right now so maybe he didn't want to wait for me to mail it?

Comment

Just trust your recruiter on this one. If they tell him they need a statement then he'll ask you for one, otherwise I wouldnt worry so much about it.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
              Just trust your recruiter on this one. If they tell him they need a statement then he'll ask you for one, otherwise I wouldnt worry so much about it.
              cool, thanks

Comment

Okay so 5days after calling my recruiter because he wouldnt respond to my emails, and he told me had my waiver submitted and hadn't forgot about me and was really busy with 2 projections blah blah blah, I sent him an email monday just letting him know I'd appreciate it he could atleast respond to my emails that I only send around once a week. He still hasn't responded to this email. I know I'm not the most appealing applicant because of the RE-3 stuff and all but all I ask is to always have an up to date understanding of whats going on and to maintain good communication. And now he will never respond to my emails?

When we first talked a month ago he would literally respond to my emails immediately even at 8pm at night. Should I go ahead and presume I've already been shot down and he doesn't want to tell me and therefore is ignoring me? I'm just baffled as to why it's so hard to shoot a 20 second email saying "this is where we are, I'll keep u posted as soon as anything changes". It's not that hard? Ughhhhhhhh recruiters frustrate me.

Comment

Recruiters have no control on waivers. They cannot get info on them after submitted, and like yo must wait, and wait, and wait some more for any info or determinations that come down... could be weeks, could be months. There are numerous stories on the time it took waivers to come to a decision... so in short if your recruiter has not given you an update or the results of the determination - then he/she is still waiting and there is no upate of info to give you.

I suppose if you need a weekly update that there is no news to report, then you will be frustrated. Most people I know, myself included will give you info when we have it, and between now and then if I tell you nothing, then there is nothing to report. Yes, I agree with you that a periodic response to an email or two each month would not be too much to ask, but considering the huge number of waiver requests that are sent in (and yes the last 4 -5 years have been unbelievable I have been told) then you can expect a long wait until your waiver request gets seen.

Until then, your recruiter will be doing his/her job, which is to recruit - and as much as it sux, you are in a hold pattern so you are no longer a high priority until the waiver determination comes down - which you will get info on regardless of the outcome.

Comment

I was an RE3/JFW when I re-enlisted. The process took a long time. Give your recruiter the benefit of the doubt. Think about it this way, someone calls you every couple days for info and you don't have any - how do you feel? You'd probably feel pretty poor not being able to give any info, and then a little harassed. Give him the time for everything to go through. He gets credit for getting you back in just like he would anyone else but it will take a bit longer.

If you have questions about it feel free to drop me a pm.

Comment

Working...
                    X