Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 10th grade army ng next year ???

10th grade next year and 17 can i go in next year ???? :xt

Re: 10th grade army ng next year ???

It's my understanding that the answer is no, not unless you are going to drop and pursue a GED....which I don't recommend (nor would your parents let you). Otherwise, you can join as a junior, do basic training in the summer...and then complete your senior year, followed by AIT in the summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Curullo View Post
      10th grade next year and 17 can i go in next year ???? :xt
      Just use the time from now till you go and enlist and go to basic training to get in the best shape you possibly can.

Comment

The answers you have gotten are correct. You cannot go in at 17 until you are a Junior. However, I encourage you to talk to a recruiter in your area and get preliminary qualifications out of the way. In other words, put your medical, and criminal histories on the table as well as other X factor things that can disqualify you. This way you can be prepared way in advance if it looks more likely that you may not join the military. Too many times I have seen young guys screw up their oppurtunties by thinking they were joining the (insert Military branch of your choice here), just to find out that you can't join with one eyball, three arms, or being wanted in 48 states.

This way if your focus should be in grades and college you will know ahead of time. And, if the recruiter won't talk to you until you are 17, print this freakin thread out and make him read it.

Comment

Working...
        X