X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiver for Porphyria?

Hello everyone, I'd love to enlist, but was diagnosed about 3 years ago as being on the border of having Acute Intermittent Porphyria. I've noticed in the DOD standards it is a disqualifier right along with cystic fibrosis, however it is no where near as serious as cystic fibrosis. I have not had any symptoms for a long time and it doesn't affect me, but once in a blue moon. I know medical waivers are on a case by case basis, but has anyone who has enlisted received an approval for a waiver for this? I've heard the NG is more leniant on waivers. Thanks and God bless.

Re: Waiver for Porphyria?

As you can tell from reading many of the posts on this site, medical waivers are getting more and more rare. Even if you do talk to someone who has received the waiver, their approval wont in any way translate to a possible approval or denial for your waiver. The only way you can find out is if you can get a recruiter to work with you, process a wavier app, and get yourself to MEPS. Getting into the National Guard will be more difficult in the future, not easier, so it would be best not to delay.

Comment

Working...
    X