X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my hopes with the military...

so im 17 and my local Guard recruiter is coming over to my house tomorrow to start the paperwork. this is my overall plan. join the guard, go to college, do ROTC while in the guard, then graduate and go active as an officer. is this possible or wold i still be under contract with the Guard??

Re: my hopes with the military...

My Uncle went through the Corps at Texas A&M. He didn't have to join up beforehand in any form or fashion and he didn't attend basic training. If I were you I'd go talk to the ROTC advisor at whatever University you are interested in and see what they say.

Comment

The short answer is yes. That said the Guard offers several educational benefits that basically tie you to the Guard. So make sure you find out which ones have Guard service obligations attached to them so that you can go active duty once you are done with college.

Federal Tuition assistance i believe is ok and so is GI Bill SR. GRFD and GI Bill Kicker have service obligations to the Guard.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelPC View Post
        The short answer is yes. That said the Guard offers several educational benefits that basically tie you to the Guard. So make sure you find out which ones have Guard service obligations attached to them so that you can go active duty once you are done with college.

Federal Tuition assistance i believe is ok and so is GI Bill SR. GRFD and GI Bill Kicker have service obligations to the Guard.
        Financial Incentives Thread

Comment

Working...
        X