X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior service, needing help getting back in. Greenville, SC

I'm a prior service 19D, was pay grade E-2 when I got out. I have an Under Honorable Conditions general discharge, RE code 1. Unfortunately, back in 05 when I got out it was under less than amicable terms. Had a bit of a personality conflict with my platoon sergeant and it blew up when I couldn't manage to get myself put in a different platoon or troop for that matter.

My discharage was under a chapter separation, 14, however as I was told by a recruiter up in Wisconsin before I relocated to SC, that does not preclude me from reenlisting after an appropriate period of time. Five years I believe is what he said to me. I've already drafted a letter to send to whichever officer needs to read it, and I'm motivated to get back into the service. Preferably in the local national guard as I am a homeowner now, and don't have the means or ability to relocate again.

Anyway, the moral of the story is I need a recruiter who can push my paperwork and make this happen for me. If you are that guy, send me a PM with a contact number or just reply here and we can do it all in the open.

Looking forward to hearing from someone.

Out

Re: Prior service, needing help getting back in. Greenville, SC

There are better ways to find the right recruiter than this forum, such as calling the state you are seeking to enlist into.

Good luck with getting back in, you can try to have your narrative reason changed from your last discharge while seeking a waiver.

Comment

Apologies for the thread necromancy. I've been out of state and away from my computer for quite a while and am just now able to respond to my own thread.

Chaplain, could you recommend a good method for getting my narrative changed? I've not managed to get any solid advice from the local recruiters and I don't really have anyone else I can ask.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaBob2312 View Post
        Apologies for the thread necromancy. I've been out of state and away from my computer for quite a while and am just now able to respond to my own thread.

Chaplain, could you recommend a good method for getting my narrative changed? I've not managed to get any solid advice from the local recruiters and I don't really have anyone else I can ask.
        What does the narrative say? (e.g. minor disciplinary infractions). RE-codes, separation codes and narratives are the hardest to change compared to the type of discharge (e.g. other than honorable, general).

You can check the Army review board website at http://arba.army.pentagon.mil/

Your type of discharge and RE-code is acceptable for re-entering the service but there are strict requirements for prior service at this time.

I am not a recruiter nor aware of the latest information but keep trying. As long as you are not close to 35 years old; you have sufficient time to re-enter.

Also, look at this link. http://www.mamc.amedd.army.mil/psych...-200Chap14.pdf
        Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; June 30th, 2011, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Patterns of Misconduct was the narrative reason my 214.

Comment

Working...
          X