X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dependents

How many dependents are you allowed to have?

Re: Dependents

If the military felt you should have any, they would have issued them to you!!!!

Anyway, there are only 2 statuses. You either have one or more or you have none. There is no increase/decrease of benefits whether you have 1 or 10.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
      If the military felt you should have any, they would have issued them to you!!!!
      lol that was told to my mom and step dad back in 93 lol man its good to hear that again. but there was the added issued wife too lol

Comment

Anyway, there are only 2 statuses. You either have one or more or you have none. There is no increase/decrease of benefits whether you have 1 or 10.
        This may be the case for benefits, but if Crystaljay20 is a woman and is asking as a single mother wanting to enlist, there is a limit on how many dependants you can have. (She may not have been asking about benefits)

I don't have my Family Care Plan in front of me, but when filling it out, enlisting as a single parent (I don't know what the case may be for people who become single parents while in) it (my FCP) stated that as a single parent, I could not have more than 2-3 (if I had any hopes of the Adjunct General signing it).

As I said, this was the case for enlisting as a single mom, not necessarily for those who become single parents while already enlisted.

Crystaljay20, you should speak with a recruiter for more specific information; it can frequently change. The procedure for simply filling out the FCP changed from when I started the process and actually filled it out a couple weeks later.

Comment

Yes, this was further clarified via PM earlier.

Comment

Yes, this was further clarified via PM earlier.
            Aahh...ok.

I wasn't cc'd on that....LOL

Comment

Good morning. So if I am correct or as a question can I claim my daughter and my mom as dependents.

Comment

Re: Reependents

As a single mom

Comment

Originally posted by letsdothis11 View Post
                  Good morning. So if I am correct or as a question can I claim my daughter and my mom as dependents.
                  There are certain circumstances where a parent could be claimed as a dependent, but the likelihood of all criteria being met is not something that happens often. You cant just add your mom as a dependent so that she can get some of the benefits.

Comment

To enroll a dependent Parent into DEERS, you have to fill some forms justifying that you support them and it takes time for a decision to get made. Unlike with your children which just requires a birth certificate; there is more involved.

Also, if accepted as dependents, their privileges are much limited than yours and your children (e.g. health)

Click the URL and read page 4.

http://dcp.psc.gov/PDF_docs/DEERS_Cover_Memo.pdf

Comment

oh ok sorry for just responding

Comment

Working...
                      X