X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Max Age Requirement for Prior Service

OK I've been reading the threads here about the max age being lowered to 35. Does that include prior service Army also?

I have 10 years active duty time and 8 years reserve service. Just two years short of retirement.

I have an honorable discharge with RE-1. I just turned 45 though. I ets'ed in August 2005. I am finishing up my master's and want to enlist for Warrant Officer School before I get past the max age for that school.

What are my chances? Could someone explain the new max age. Some posts read that 35 is also for prior service.

Re: Max Age Requirement for Prior Service

You should qualify. http://www.nationalguard.com/careers...icer/technical refer to Age restrictions "•Technical Warrant Officers can appoint between the ages of 18 and 46"

Just so you understand also if you do retire at 20+ its not early retirement so you won't get it right after you retire with 20 like you would on active duty.

But based on your 10 years active duty it will be a bigger pay check than someone just being in the reserves for 20 years.
    Last edited by SFC_Wilson; July 21st, 2011, 11:11 AM.

Comment

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I had a recruiter explain to me about prior service nearly a year ago was you can add the total amout of years serveed to the max age limit. so if you have a total of 18 years prior service that should make your max age 53. Again don't quote me I may be wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by adelita01 View Post
        OK I've been reading the threads here about the max age being lowered to 35. Does that include prior service Army also?

I have 10 years active duty time and 8 years reserve service. Just two years short of retirement.

I have an honorable discharge with RE-1. I just turned 45 though. I ets'ed in August 2005. I am finishing up my master's and want to enlist for Warrant Officer School before I get past the max age for that school.

What are my chances? Could someone explain the new max age. Some posts read that 35 is also for prior service.
        There is no definite for selection for Warrant and the max age is 46 without an age waiver. Just get back in.

Since I have active and reserve service, I was told that if you have over 20 you can go to the IRR and put in your retirement packet. There was a reg that you had to serve a 6 year enlistment (for your last service) in a drilling RC unit before you were eligible to retirement. I heard that was not the case.

Why did you get out with 18 years of service; even though 10 were active?

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
          Thats what I was wondering???

Thats like running 26 miles of a marathon but deciding it is too far to finish so you just stop

Comment

Originally posted by fmcityslicker View Post
            I was a single parent at the time and I had already served a tour in Iraqi Freedom.

I made the choice to stay with my children and raise them and when they got older I would go back in. My girl is graduating next month from high school and my son is enlisting for Navy SEALS.

My parenting duties are done and now it's time to back in.

Comment

Working...
            X