X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• avsb score is it good enough

I took the avsb test on line for free to see what my score was, I got 76.8% is this good enough to be able to look at The Military Police in The Guard? How does this score bode if I wanted to look at the medical field in The Guard Also?
    Any Thoughts would be useful
    Many thanks

Re: avsb score is it good enough

Well if that was your score on the real ASVAB then yes. A recruiter will post to provide more guidance.

Comment

hey, good job on the score. I am not exactly sure how the % grade would transition over to the ACTUAL ASVAB that you are to take. As far as the medical field is concerned, it is not just the overall score you need to attain, but particular line scores. I 4get which lines you need to excel in, but recruiter can tell you!

Comment

The practice ASVAB score is pretty indicative of what you'll score on a real one. I've rarely heard of anyone getting significantly less than the practice score, most I've seen have at least gotten a similar score if not higher. You really want a high ST (Skilled Technical) score, preferably a 95 or higher. This website has some good info;

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/armyj...svabscores.htm

Good luck!

Comment

Don't fret the ASVAB. It is a test on what you know, and is honestly not that hard.

Comment

Like TsuDeltaChi said, if a 76% is equivalent to a 76, then you should be fine, that's a pretty good score. Different jobs require different scores on different sections. MP required a certain score on the general technical (GT) section when I enlisted, but standards may have changed.

Comment

The ASVAB pre-tests are pretty good at predicting your actual score. What I got on my pre-tests was actually almost 10 points lower than what I got on the real thing. My recruiter required each of his recruits to take multiple pre-tests and pass before we could even think of going to MEPS; this definitely helped me when it came to the actual test.

I think you can bet on getting around that score or better on the ASVAB. The main thing about that test is to take your time. You have more than enough time to think about each question, if required, and select the correct answer. A lot of people worry about the math portions but you have enough time to plug all of the answers into the problem so it's actually not THAT difficult.

If you really want to blow that thing out of the water, get the ASVAB For Dummies book. It tells you exactly what you need to know for each part of the test and what you need to get for your MOS.

Comment

Many Thanks for that website , it's bloody awesome, I took a full length test on there and worked the scoring out and came out at between 95-and 99 so good enough for the police
                cheers

Comment

Working...
                X