X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Clearance Question

I was told that when obtaining a "secret" security clearance that the government only checks your background and your credit. Do they check your medical records as well?

Re: Secret Clearance Question

You will sign releases for them too. If they are given a reason, such as listing qualifying psychological counseling (only certain types for certain reasons matter), or maybe during the investigation a reason to check was given, then they may inquire into your psych records.

The questions they can ask are very limited. But as far as normal medical records, it would be very, very unlikely for them to check. Its not in the normal scope of the investigation

Comment

When you sign the "AUTHORIZATION FOR RELEASE OF INFORMATION", you authorize it. I doubt they would request medical records, unless there was something that specifically raised concern in your BI.
      Last edited by richierich; March 29th, 2011, 10:34 PM. Reason: spell chk

Comment

Do they also check with your ex-wives? Mine isn't particularly fond of me, mostly because I won custody of our daughter from her in court and she was diagnosed bi-polar and borderline schizo. If they talk with her she'd love the chance to make up stuff just to screw me over.....

Comment

They don't talk to anyone for a secret security clearance. They will interview friends/neighbors/family/etc. for a top secret.

Comment

Thanks for the response guys. I just want to make sure I track down all my medical records before MEPs.

Comment

The only reason people get talked to with a secret clearance is if what is called a SPIN is initiated, which is basically an interview because something serious came up and they give you a chance to refute it before it goes to adjudication. For a TS clearance they WILL talk to ex wives. They take it with a grain of salt though

Comment

Working...
              X