X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recruiter Needed for MEPS passed Candidate

My quick summary. I'm 38 female in Reno, NV 09S enlistment GT 98 and was MEPS qualified as of 3/23/2011, my situation is this. I have a family care plan set up for my 16yr old, but my recruiter did not get all the right signatures. When we went back to get it straightened out I guess new regs say you can't have a family care plan at all. Also in my state the max ages drops to 35 on 4/1. I was just wondering if this was a state by state reg or is there a chance I could enlist in another state? If so I could be the easiest enlistment any recruiter ever had if you act fast. Any help to keep my dream of service alive would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Recruiter Needed for MEPS passed Candidate

I'm sorry, the new reg is army/guard wide concerning family care plans.

Comment

Although disappointing, thank you for reply. 5 months of work and one little signature ruins my chances.

Comment

Well thanks to my Nevada recruiter, my new California recruiter and the MEPS ARNG liason I made into the guard before April 1. They were awesome and I ship out 4/19 for Fort Leonard Wood. MO.

Comment

Glad to hear you were able to enlist! Are you going to transfer over to Nevada once you get back? It's awesome to have another Reno...ite? around. Haha.

Comment

Congratulations. A Major that I know at recruiting command told me that the age limit was changing to 35 on April 1st but if you already started the process, you will be authorized to continue processing but required to enlist before May 1st, 201.
            Last edited by Chief Kemosabe; April 2nd, 2011, 04:34 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
              I'm sorry, the new reg is army/guard wide concerning family care plans.
              Just out of curiosity, what are these new regs?

Comment

Originally posted by tsudeltachi View Post
                just out of curiosity, what are these new regs?
                ar 601-210

Comment

Eventually because I don't want to commute my whole national guard career, but I feel I owe some time to CA for busting a move to get me in.

Comment

Yeah, not sure what all the time limits are for the people already processing, but they told be I had enlist before 4/1 and ship before 5/1. I'm just glad there was some great people that helped make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                    X