Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
At MEPS I was asked to provide records of an injury I've had 26 years ago Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At MEPS I was asked to provide records of an injury I've had 26 years ago

Hello!
    Yesterday I took the ASVAB, but before the physical tests, while filling out the forms I mentioned a broken arm 26 years ago... They asked me to provide the records but it's been a long time, I was too young and I don't remember. My recruiter told me not to mention anything like this, but since the scare of my surgery was visible I checked "Yes" for the question concerning surgery history. The problem is that I am 39 years old and by April 1st, the limit age will be 35... What can I do since I cannot find the records of my surgery. Is it too late? Is there anything I can do? I really wanted to join the Guard. I am so disappointed! I wish I hadn't answer yes to that question.

Re: At MEPS I was asked to provide records of an injury I've had 26 years ago

Originally posted by Badlesage View Post
    Hello!
    Yesterday I took the ASVAB, but before the physical tests, while filling out the forms I mentioned a broken arm 26 years ago... They asked me to provide the records but it's been a long time, I was too young and I don't remember. My recruiter told me not to mention anything like this, but since the scare of my surgery was visible I checked "Yes" for the question concerning surgery history. The problem is that I am 39 years old and by April 1st, the limit age will be 35... What can I do since I cannot find the records of my surgery. Is it too late? Is there anything I can do? I really wanted to join the Guard. I am so disappointed! I wish I hadn't answer yes to that question.
    Do you remember the hospital or the doctors office you went to that has the files on it? If you get to it NOW!

Comment

Originally posted by Badlesage View Post
      Hello!
      I bet your recruiter is thrilled you followed his instructions.

Comment

I am not sure of the hospital, but I cannot remember the name of the doctor... It was 26 years ago and I was 14. I do not know if after all this time the hospital would still have the records, but I'm going to check

Comment

Sure he is.... Imagine I did exactly what he told me not to do. I realize that finally he was right. Now I'm paying back my honesty

Comment

I've seen it done where the recruiter will write a letter stating they exhausted all efforts locating some paperwork - I know we needed to do this on my medical records from Sill's TMC. Now granted, we actually did try to get them and couldn't, but I wouldn't be too optimistic. If it closes down before you have the chance to enlist know that the standards are usually (key word usually, not always) relaxed at the start of the new fiscal year.

Comment

Thanks!
              I'm gonna try this way, but I think the time is too short (I have to do it before Wednesday), and my recruiter seems to be as disappointed as I cannot join him. Once again, thanks!

Comment

Working...
              X