X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concerned, will I need waivers?

When my parents seperated in 1999 I became depressed, I didn't need therapy or medication and it didn't last long but my recruiter informed me of a person DQ'd for stuttering and a girl was DQ'd for a late period. I'm worried I'll be DQ'd for one past problem that was basically 12 years ago. A while back I was misdiagnosed with narcolepsy, it turns out it was nothing thankfully. And about 4? years ago my dad THOUGHT I was depressed so he had me evaluated at a local hopsital, I was fine and the evaluation showed that. And when I was born I think I had a slight heart murmer, I don't honestly remember but I went to a cardiologist a few months ago and there was nothing at all wrong with my heart.
    Last edited by ChrisGotham; March 26th, 2011, 01:09 AM.

Re: Concerned, will I need waivers?

Originally posted by ChrisGotham View Post
    girl was DQ'd for a late period.
    Yeah...the military has a pretty strict policy about not being late for anything

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
      Yeah...the military has a pretty strict policy about not being late for anything
      LOL - That's excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
        Policy also contains fine print allowing it to be late/overdue for anything. See: "FRAGO"

Comment

ChrisGotham, thankyou for your interest. A few things that are sticking out about your posting. You have 3 related examples of depression examples. This in itself is a pattern. You will need to get lots of documentation probably from each doctor stating that you are cleared. Same will apply for the heart murmer. As for the Narcalepsy, dont walk in and be a hypochondriac. You honesty is much appreciated and admired. I am not sure on exactly what the regs state for each of your situations, but I will tell you its going to be a uphill fight. If this is something that you want, tackle each obstacle and keep moving forward. There is a good chance you could be told NO. Work with your recruiter and see what options are available for a possible enlistment into the National Guard. Thanks again for your interest.

Comment

Working...
          X